Thursday, June 29, 2017

Idaho Time

In August we spent about a week at Kari's house.  Nels and I enjoyed watching Rocky I, II, III and part of IV together.  We usually watched at night together while we fed the babies.  

Nels accepted the job offer with International Paper on July 31st and he started August 15.  

I wanted to spend time with my mom before we moved again.  So we went to Idaho for almost two weeks.  It was wonderful.  I always enjoy my time there.  

I made cards with my mom's help.  We visited with grandparents and aunts.  Nels helped my dad build a new playground set for my parent's backyard.  It's awesome!  The kids love it.  The kids love running around outside too.

My sister Melissa and her family came for a couple of days and we had a great time with them.  

So here's some pictures...

We went to a park one day.  Remember this red fire truck.  
This picture is from the year before.  They are just growing up!
This year...
We went to a splash pad.  Look at Kira's sad face!!!  If I remember right she just wanted to fill her cup and dump it but she someone came down the slide and splashed her.
She moved to the very end and her cousin Abi protected her.  :)
Abi helped Isak too.  Brrrr.  Idaho splash pads are a little cold.
We went out to eat at Big J's with my grandparents.  It was great to be with them.  We also ate huckleberry shakes.  Mmmmm.
Our family with my grandparents.
My sister Jenny grew up with this horse named Sunshine.  Can you imagine how thrilled Kira was??!
She even waited "patiently" while Isak took a turn.
Playing the piano.  I can't wait to own a piano someday!
Playing at the park.
Three of the four kids.  Sofie is in her carseat.  It's hard to get out, but it's nice to get out too.
The kids love this water play table.  

They played with it while grandpa and Nels put together the playground.
Here's Isak admiring the playground from the window.
Abi with her twin cousins.
Hahaha.  I wasn't going to post this.  But it makes me laugh every time.  Jenny dyed my eyebrows.  This was before we washed the dye out.  hahaha.
Aunt Jenny did a great job cutting Isak and Kira's hair.  And the kids sat so nicely.
I LOVE this picture of Kira.  Cracks me up!
All done and looking good.  She's thrilled to be sitting on a purple bench too.
The best naps happen at grandma's house.
Sofie, Sofie, Sofie.
Our time there went too quickly.  Before I knew it, Nels found a place for us to live.  We packed up and left August 22 for California.

No comments: