Thursday, January 23, 2014

Merry Christmas to All!

 We had a wonderful Christmas.  It was our first Christmas with just our little family.  No visitors and we didn't go anywhere.  Wait, now that I am thinking about it...our first Christmas we were married we were actually alone on Christmas day...Nels had to work.  Then we flew to Chicago after Christmas.  So technically this was our second Christmas alone.  Anyways...

It was very low stress and relaxing.  For Christmas dinner we actually had Costco pizza. haha.  We made an actual Christmas dinner two days later.  We just played with the kids and relaxed the whole day.

Nels's sister Kierstin had us for gift exchanges.  She did a 14 day Christmas gift.  We opened a gift everyday.  So fun and thoughtful.  One of the days was window decorations.  The kids had fun with them.
 Christmas Eve we tried to implement some traditions.  haha.  Tried being the key word. :)  We opened the Christmas pj's and I just wanted a cute picture...this is the best one.

 Isak was not cooperating very well.  I love Kira's expression though.
 They are both coughing in this one...yes, both of our kids were sick for the holidays.

 Kira let us know she was DONE and to put her to bed.  Poor girl.
 But we, the parents, wanted to do one more thing.  Read the Night Before Christmas.

 The kids endured.

 Christmas morning we read Luke 2 and then opened presents.
 So fun!
 This is the most Kira touched her doll.  Both kids were kind of scared of the doll.  It remains in the closet most days.  We bring it out once in a while.
 Isak's big gift was this Jeep!  He can ride it, push it, play music and more.
 The boys giving the "This is awesome" look.
 My parents gave the babies this church book.  I love that Kira is surrounded by her new toys but just looks at the book about Jesus.  She already knows the true meaning of Christmas.  We are so lucky to have both Isak and Kira.
 This was the day after Christmas.  So happy with their new toys!
 This was our tree...The tree started out with decorations on the bottom, but as they babies explored everything got moved up and out of their reach.
I made this tree skirt.  It's ruffles.  Fun to make and I think it turned out well.  I finished it completely on Christmas day.  So I am excited for next year when I can enjoy it a little longer.
I enjoyed these two ornaments this year.  The babies footprints.  So tiny.
This Christmas was special with our two little ones to celebrate with us. 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love the picture of Kira screaming because she is done with pictures. I think she looks sooooo much like Nels, especially in that picture. :)