One day back in November, Nels and I were taking a walk with the babies. The conversation was about books. I realized I had not read Nels's favorite book and he had not read mine. We weren't really interested in reading each other's favorite book. So we decided to do a book reading challenge to help motivate us. Nels's favorite book is Atlas Shrugged. Mine is Pride and Prejudice. Since Atlas Shrugged is so long and has very small print, Nels accepted the challenge to read 3 of my favorite books to make it more even. I chose The Book Thief, Pride and Prejudice and Ender's Game.
We wrote it all up in contract fashion, signed and dated!
As the contract states, First person done reading book(s) gets to order filet mignon at Outback Steakhouse. The loser gets to order a hamburger. Pretty good motivation. :)
We stopped watching Netflix and wasting time on other things so we could read and beat the other person. It was pretty intense, but Nels won in the end. I finished 45 minutes later. So it was a close race!
We went to Outback and Nels ordered the filet.
I ordered the hamburger, which ended up being burnt and did not taste good! The whole dinner we discussed the books we read. It was a fun way to connect with each other.
I look forward to doing another challenge, because I have to win the next one!!
2 comments:
What a great idea!! Ender's Game is Jordan's favorite book and mine is Pride and Prejudice! How funny:)
What a fun idea! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment