Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Isak and Kira!!!

We celebrated Isak and Kira's Birthday's on November 11!  I reminisced the whole day about when they were born.  Remember how tiny they were...
And Now!!!  They aren't babies anymore.  Toddlers...That's what they are now.
So here's how their birthday went.  Nels took the day off and we partied the whole day.  We ate breakfast, french toast with strawberries.  Then we opened presents.
Kira clapped.  They tried to unwrap the presents, but we helped them a lot.
They opened toothbrushes and toothpaste.  Way exciting huh? :)  And a new bath toy.
Kira's big gift was this cash register.  It came with a bag that sings and a variety of food.
Isak got a fire truck that shoots out balls.
After unwrapping gifts I tried to take Birthday pictures.  These were the best ones.
Love Kira's smile!  "I'm one!"
Isak looks a little surprised, "I'm one?"
We did simple decorations of a banner and balloons on their bouncy seats. I just recently took the banner down.  Haha, I guess I got a little attached to it.
We took a walk and I set up our little camera on a tripod and ran back and forth to set the timer.  Here's a couple of the pictures:
Playing together.
Kira and Dad

Mmmm, love this sweet picture.
Kira and Mom, clapping.
Poor Isak was not interested in taking pictures.
Oh so sad, baby boy.
Dad and Isak pouting.
Feeling a little better.
Later that day something happened...I can't remember what...but Isak just started crying.
"It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to..."
By the time we got around to eating cupcakes, it was late for the babies and Kira was exhausted.

Little Isak with his head resting on his hand and Kira rubbing her eyes.
Isak perked up when the cupcake arrived.  Kira is still not interested.
Isak loved the cupcake and ate his and half of Kira's.  Kira was so tired she grabbed the frosting and rubbed  it into her eyes.
So messy. :)


All cleaned up.  Kira didn't like her hat.
Then we put the babies to bed and Nels and I celebrated our first year of being parents.
Wow, what a year!  We are looking forward to this year and watching our little ones learn and grow.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

They've grown so much and they're just as cute as ever!! I love the picture of them all sleepy, too cute. Happy Birthday to Isak and Kira and happy one year of you being parents!

Brandi said...

Happy birthday!! I loved that the two of you celebrated a year of parenthood as well! Such a cute idea. :)