Sunday, January 5, 2014

12 Months!

These 12 month pictures were taken extremely late, but before they turned 13 months old. :)  
Isak's stats from the 12 month doctor appointment:
Weight:  20 lbs. 11.5 oz.
Height:  30 inches
Isak was being absolutely charming for his photo shoot.  I was surprised and thrilled.  Look at these great shots of him!!  :)
This is what I wrote in my journal about Isak on November 18, 2013.
Isak is walking!  He walks more than crawls.  He still loses his balance, but he is getting better and better every day.
He eats everything, although he doesn't like eggs and noodles.  Pretty good so far.  We just started him on graham crackers and goldfish.
No words yet, just syllables.
 He loves to go all over the house and make messes as he goes.  He loves to play, "Where is Isak?" peek a boo, and "I'm going to get Isak."
He's a snuggle bug when he's not on the move.  He sleeps well.  For a while he kept waking up with a leaky diaper.  We feed him his bottle a little earlier so now it doesn't happen as often.  Also, he wears overnight size 4 diapers. He wears fleece 18 month pj's and 12 month clothes. 
I love seeing Isak smile.  His whole face lights up when he's happy.  He still gives a good fight when we change his clothes and diaper.  He's adorable.  We LOVE Isak!
Together:
Both of them still race to see who can get to Dad first when he comes home.
Right now (now being Nov. 18), they are getting over their first colds.  Yuck!
They love to pull everything out of my cupboards.  Sometimes I catch Isak climbing into the cupboard and Kira shutting the door on him.  Heehee.  These two are so fun to watch interact.
Kira was very mischievous for her photo shoot.  It seemed like Kira and Isak switched personalities for a few minutes.  She was constantly on the move.
Here's what I wrote about Kira on November 18.
Little angel Kira.

She loves her toys.  She carries around the blue dog blanket that is actually Isak's, or the snot sniffer.  She loves books and her new birthday toys.

Isak photo bombed her pictures, but that's okay because she wasn't even looking at me.

She loves to show off her 3 tricks to people.
1.  Patty Cake
2. Moving her fingers back and forth against her lips while saying, "ba, ba, ba"
3. Waving
Melts hearts when people see her doing it.

She's still a good sleeper.  Eating is coming along.  She is getting the hang of the sippy cup and enjoys smoothies.  I think bananas are her favorite.
 No words yet.  But she likes to make the "Ahhh" sound.
See how funny and crazy Kira can be!  I'm glad I caught this side of her. :)
She's getting close to needing 12 month clothes.
She is an expert at walking along the furniture.  She loves having Dad walk her around the house. But she either crawls or walks on her knees.  Her knee walk is adorable.
That's our Kira Daisy girl.
I love this smile and Isak looking up at his sister.
Stretching out...
Hard to tell how tall they are, but Isak is 2 inches taller than Kira!!
Last one:
And that is the last of taking pictures monthly.  They wiggle and squirm.  It's too hard for me!  So maybe when they are 18 months old I will try again.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

These two just keep getting more and more adorable! Isak's pictures... Oh my goodness. So sweet!

Brandi said...

I love to see their cute personalities in their pictures. Isak looked so grown up!