Friday, October 18, 2024

July 16 - 19 - Kira Girl's Camp & Waterfall Day

July 16th - 17th
We unpacked from Door County and then packed Kira up for her first Girl's Camp!  I drover her and four other girls about two hours to Pickett State Park.  They had cabins with bunk beds.  I helped get her situated and then I left this sweet girl.  Thankfully, there are some amazing young women who embraced her and helped her have a great week!  


I sent some bread, peanut butter and jelly so she would have some food that she likes.  I texted a leader one night to see how she was doing.  I received this photo of her making bracelets.  :)  We all missed our Kira and were very happy when she came back home. 
While I was taking Kira to camp, Nels tried to resolve some sibling conflicts...😂
July 19, Friday -
We hiked Machine Falls with some friends.  It was Nels's first time going to the waterfalls and our third time.  I still love this hike and waterfall.  It started raining at the beginning of our hike and ended just as we got to the waterfall.
Our friend Shirlene and her daughter Amelia.
Nels is ready to see the waterfalls...
We made it.  Lots of pictures.  :)




Isak and Nels hiked up to the cave next to the waterfall.
Isak stood in the waterfall!
Our friend's boys.


Our friend Kim with her kids.
Our group:




Our family went to Rutledge Falls afterwards.  
We missed our Kira...sniff, sniff.  


We explored the different shelfs/levels of water and waterfalls.







And then we went home.  It was a fun waterfall day.  

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I remember going to those waterfalls with you guys!