July 14, Sunday -
I was awake before everyone else and enjoyed a nice, quiet moment. I loved my view and took a photo.
We enjoyed another slow morning. Nels built a fire with Isak, Noah and Sofie. Kira and I listened to church music and painted rocks. So enjoyable.We roasted hot dogs and more marshmallows.
We enjoyed some Italian Ice.
Then we played Chinese Checkers. All 6 of us!
It took a while with all six of us. We stopped halfway through and adventured some more and then finished it later that night. Isak ended up winning!
Our adventure for the day... We went to the overlook at Ellison Bluff State Park, near the cottage.
Then we looked at and drove on the windy road... I couldn't get a great picture, not like the professionals.
Here's a professional photo...
It was fun to drive and everyone indulged me. :) We stopped a few times for me to get out to get different pictures.Then we went to Peninsula State Park and climbed Eagle Tower.
We enjoyed the views.
There's the islands...I remember one is called Strawberry Island.
We ended up by the trail sign, so I made everyone jump out of the car to get a pic. :)
Then we finished the day with our last ice cream at Wilson's!
Strawberry malt for Isak.
Popcorn for Noah.
Kira got Caramel Collision.
Sofie got Paul Bunyan.
I got Strawberry and midnight chocolate.
Nels got a dump truck and probably something with cherry. :)
Kira, Sofie and I all got Wilson's shirts. Oh, and yes, they still put a jelly bean at the bottom of the cone.
Last pics in front of the cottage.
We ate leftovers for dinner and watched Frozen II.
We enjoyed the views.
There's the islands...I remember one is called Strawberry Island.
We ended up by the trail sign, so I made everyone jump out of the car to get a pic. :)
Then we finished the day with our last ice cream at Wilson's!
Strawberry malt for Isak.
Popcorn for Noah.
Kira got Caramel Collision.
Sofie got Paul Bunyan.
I got Strawberry and midnight chocolate.
Nels got a dump truck and probably something with cherry. :)
Kira, Sofie and I all got Wilson's shirts. Oh, and yes, they still put a jelly bean at the bottom of the cone.
Last pics in front of the cottage.
We ate leftovers for dinner and watched Frozen II.
We packed, cleaned and left at 9:15 a.m. So Sad! We will miss it. We are so grateful we were able to go together to Door County.
We did the 12 hour and 45 minute drive all in one day. We prayed, then listened to a General Conference talk from Elder Bednar on Conversion. Our family finished listening to the book "Out of my Mind." So good! We all enjoyed it. I listened to "The In Between." Great book about a hospice nurse and her experience helping people at the end of their lives. Nels and I took turns driving. He listened to Dave Ramsey Coaching. We ate at McAlister's for lunch at 3:30 pm in Merrillville, IN. Then dinner at McDonald's and a gas station at 10 pm somewhere. We arrived home at 12:40 a.m. So tired, but glad we made it home safely. The kids were awesome for this long travel day.
We did the 12 hour and 45 minute drive all in one day. We prayed, then listened to a General Conference talk from Elder Bednar on Conversion. Our family finished listening to the book "Out of my Mind." So good! We all enjoyed it. I listened to "The In Between." Great book about a hospice nurse and her experience helping people at the end of their lives. Nels and I took turns driving. He listened to Dave Ramsey Coaching. We ate at McAlister's for lunch at 3:30 pm in Merrillville, IN. Then dinner at McDonald's and a gas station at 10 pm somewhere. We arrived home at 12:40 a.m. So tired, but glad we made it home safely. The kids were awesome for this long travel day.
That's the end of our last summer vacation.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment