Sunday, May 31, 2020

April's Moments

Other moments in April.
Kira was so cute and sweet.  She made some origami animals and mailed one to grandma and gave one to the mailman.
She was so excited to put them in the mailbox.

New pajamas!

For primary, we (the primary presidency) divided up the primary and sent each child a card letting them know we missed them and hoped they were doing well.  Isak, Kira, Sofie and Noah's came in the mail and they were pretty happy.  I hope the other primary kids felt loved and happy with their cards.
I've been trying to involve the kids in the kitchen a little more.  So in an effort to do that I let one kid pick out a fun treat to help me make.  I think I've posted Kira's treat (banana cream bars) and Isak's (s'mores bars).  Now it was Sofie's turn.  She looked through my cookbooks and chose mini fruit pizzas.  She was so excited for her turn to help me in the kitchen to make a treat.
We made the cookie dough.  We made circles for the pizzas and ice cream cones with the left over dough.
These little pizzas were a lot of work.  But Sofie was thrilled with her work.
The kids all helped decorate the pizzas.

They were delicious.
General conference time.  We're ready with our box of cereal, bingo and coloring pages.
Sofie and Kira helped me make a special breakfast.  These pastry rolled up sausage things...
They were so yummy!
Time to listen...
And get lots of snuggles.
You can see Kira's coloring page.
Here's my coloring I worked on while listening and helping the kids too.  It was a nice conference.  The only quote I remember is from Sister Jones talk - I think she's quoting Pres. Nelson..."The Lord loves effort."
Piano time.  I thought Kira looked so sweet playing the piano with her tutu and her braided hair.

We still do ice cream on Sundays.  This time we had waffle cones to go with the ice cream.

We love Minnie Mouse!
Here's the cards I made for the kids in the primary.  We put some stickers in the card and Kira shared her origami animals that she made.
We sent one card to Isak and Kira's primary teacher.  Isak wrote "What is the Easter Bunny's favorite kind of music?  hip hop!  We miss you.  Love, Isak."  Kira wrote, "Happy Easter!  I miss coming to church!  Thank you for being my teacher!!!  Love, Kira."
Occasionally, Nels can sneak away and jam on his guitar.  He usually has a couple kids that find him and dance to his music.  He looks so handsome in this pic.  πŸ˜
Grocery shopping...I try to go when it's slow.  I wear my mask...try to stay safe and take care of my family.
Our fridge broke.  So we bought a new one.  Delivery day was the big event for the kids.  They watched carefully from the upstairs window.  
Firehats!

Silly Sofie!
Noah loves paw patrol.  He wears his Marshall costume often.  He has so many faces...

He can go from goofy to grumpy in 3 seconds or less.
We definitely love goofy more than grumpy.  But we love him and all of his moods.  :)
I made angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream.  It was a favorite.  3 of the 4 kids liked it.  I think Isak liked it the most. 
Sofie tried to follow Isak's example by using a fork and knife to cut her cake.
Isak asked for veggie straws to be put into his sandwich like candles and chocolate chips for the flame.  We sang to him and he blew out the "candles."  7 year olds.  πŸ’™
Here's my three year olds in their costumes for the day.  Noah is showing off his cool tail.  
πŸ’•πŸ’•

A great picture of my Isak boy.
Sofie jumping off my bed with her butterfly wings.
Butterfly shirt and wings.  Ready for the day.

Sofie went outside and came back with dandelions just for me.  We put them in a cup of water.  She was so proud of them.  I remember picking bouquets of dandelions for my mom when I was little.  :)
Rainy shopping day.  Don't go shopping in the rain...everything gets wet!  haha.  
My breakfast.  Eggs with leftover green beans thrown in and celery with almond butter.  I try to plan my day while I eat breakfast.  You know, in between the fifteen interruptions.  :)
The plus side of working from home...lots of snuggles from kiddos.  Nels is an awesome dad!!

And that's the end of April. Posting on the last day of May at 4:25 a.m. in the morning...why...Noah woke up around 3:00  a.m. and can't go back to sleep.  So I thought I might as well get something done.  He ate a yogurt, played with his toys and now he is snuggling in a blanket next to me while I type this...maybe we'll try to go back to bed now.  πŸ€ž

No comments: