Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Trip to Idaho - Sept 2017

Sept 1, 2017 my Dad called me in the morning, which was a surprise.  He had news.  He was asked to be the new Stake Patriarch!  He will do an incredible job.  I've always loved his prayers and blessings.  I love that my parents live the gospel and just love and care for their family.  You can easily tell what they value.  Nels was supportive and bought me a plane ticket home and watched all the the kids while I was gone!

Sept 9, 2017 Saturday.  I woke up at 4:30 a.m. We woke the kids up and loaded the car by 5:15.  Half hour drive to the SJC airport for my 7 am Southwest flight.  I rested a little on the flight and read the Southwest magazine.  My sisters Mandi and Jenny picked me up in SLC after my flight landed at 9:45.  It was a nice drive to Idaho.  I talked a lot!  It was so nice to have uninterrupted conversation.  :)  We stopped in Rexburg and bought some gifts for my mom and dad's birthday gifts.  We arrived at my wonderful parents house.  
My mom had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches waiting for us.  She had fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden and canned raspberries (my favorite)!   I took a little nap.  Then we ate dinner at Fong's Chinese restaurant.  I ate the egg roll and fried rice.  Then I attended the two hour adult session of Stake conference with my parents and Jenny.
After conference we went home and my other sisters arrived and we all talked.  Jeremy arrived around 10 p.m. with his family.

Nels made it through the day.  Yay!

Sunday Sept 10 - We all attended Stake Conference.  It was so amazing to be there with my family and to sustain my dad in his new lifelong calling.  I'm just so proud of him.  I'm thankful for his example.  We took a family picture outside the stake center.


Then we went to our parent's house.  We decided to reenact this picture.  It was taken right before my brother left on his mission.  
It was so fun and funny to take the picture.

And then with my parents.
My parents birthdays are on Sept. 11 and Sept 13.  So we thought it would be fun to surprise them with cakes, gifts and a little party.  It was sooooo worth it!  My mama just cried.  So sweet.  Since their birthdays are so close she rarely got her own cake.  So she was so happy she got a cake just for her.  :)
I'm so glad I got to be there!

Then we gave them our gifts.  My kids made them these cards.
Then we just ate and talked.  Mom and sisters.
Going home always reminds me who I am and I feel grounded and rejuvenated.  Their home is so peaceful and full of love.  I hope to have a home like theirs.  Here's their pretty garden.
We left later in the afternoon.  I slept at Mandi's house.  Then Sept. 11 I flew home and Nels picked me up at 12:10 p.m.  I jumped right back into motherhood.  :)  I picked up Isak and Kira from school. Isak came grocery shopping with me.  Nels went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis...lots of pills for him and another inhaler for his asthma.  So he took care of the kids while he was sick!  Poor guy.  I'm grateful he still let me go and he did a great job with the kids.

So that was my quick and wonderful trip to Idaho!

No comments: