August 26 - Saturday. We went on an adventure to Santa Cruz Broadwalk. We left at 9:30 a.m. We shopped first. I really wanted a long sleeve Santa Cruz shirt. And I found one. Yay! Plus some postcards.
Then we stayed at the beach for a while. Nels was in charge of the food. He came back with a $12 turkey leg and $10 Chicago Style hot dog that had pickles and tomatoes on it.
The babies loved the turkey leg. They ate some big bites. We ripped some off for them too.
Aren't they cute eating that big ol' turkey leg?!
Here's our set up. The beach was crowded, but it didn't bother me. We had our spot and just enjoyed the scene.
My first turkey leg! I loved it. So yummy!
Of course Sofie had to go play in the water. Nels and I took turns.
We watched the sailboats.
Isak dug a big hole. Kira collected lots of tiny seashells. Sofie acted like she owned the place. Love this pic!
Noah sat on our laps or the camping chair. It was relaxing and fun to just eat and play together.
We came home about three. I grocery shopped. We bathed the kids. I just felt happy and grateful to have us all together as a family. It was one of my favorite outings. I did mess up with the sunscreen on Noah though. Poor little Noah had a few red spots under his eyes and on his head. Oops!
(this is not from memory...I wrote the above in my journal.)






No comments:
Post a Comment