Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sewing with Mom

While my mom was here, we were ambitious and made two purses.  My mom is the best sewer.  I can sew as long as she is with me and telling me what to do next! :)
We bought a package of coordinating fabrics called Fat Quarters from Wal-Mart.  I chose the yellow and grays.  I love it!
Here's mom's iPhone pictures:

A little scary picture of me...but oh well.
Mom's is to the left and mine is on the right.
Here's a close up of the flower.
 There's a button on the inside that holds it closed and a pocket.  I love the button.
 Finished product.
I think my hair is crazy in this picture...did I not look in the mirror??  Oh well, sometimes I just have a bad hair day.

I snuck mom's iPhone away from her and took a picture of her.  What did she do while I sewed?  She hemmed all of Nels's work pants!!  She's wonderful!
Rahahaa.  Watch out, I have scissors!


Close up of the flowers.  I made one with burlap.  My first time making flowers.  It's a lot of fun!  I only burned my fingers a few times with the glue stick. :)
 Finished Product:
Thanks mom for patiently assisting me! 

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I have never seen the first one! Those are both incredible. :) That is so fun. I want to be handier with the sewing machine.

alyssa said...

You are so cute Rebecca! Those purses are awesome too, I love them! It makes me want to sew:)

Larysa said...

I hadn't seen the smaller purse...they both turned out perfect! Well done! Yellow and gray is an awesome combination.