Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 2 - Shelby Farms

My dad is an avid runner.  I've lost count of how many marathons, half marathons, 10Ks and 5K races he's ran in.  He had a half marathon race that was a week or two (I can't remember) after he got back from traveling.  So he needed to get in a long run.  I thought he would enjoy running at Shelby Farms.

So Friday morning we dropped dad off for his 10-13 mile run.  He got a little lost, but overall I think he enjoyed it.  While we waited for him to run we did a little shopping.  Then my mom took some pictures of us.  Poor Nels, his attention span for picture taking is about 5 minutes.  But hey, I'll take what I can get.  And here's what we got:

I like this one, because I remember Nels saying something like "we're going to have a baby" and then holding me.  He gets this sweet look on his face too...oh...
Here's some more:


See what I have to deal with...proof...
I asked Nels what he wanted to do for a pose and he said "Hang on the Monkey Bars." 
Yah, a real grin from Nels! :) 
I don't really care for these monkey bar pictures, but I love how excited Nels was to do it.
That's all. :)
Thanks mom for taking these fun pictures!!

No comments: