Here's our moments in August:
For two mornings, sweet Kira made breakfast for the family all by herself. She made toast, sliced bananas, yogurt and she made a card.
Here's what she wrote in the card:When dad leaves the house we wave good bye. Nels and I refer to it as a parade. He gets hugs before he gets in the car and lots of "I love you's" and then waves. On nice days, we go outside and other times we wave from the window inside the house. I hope he feels loved as he goes to work for the day. :)
Stuffed animals come to wave too.I made a pretty yummy salad. Chicken, broccoli pasta salad.
We painted picture frames for a young woman activity.
I can't remember why, but Sofie wanted me to take a picture of her and her lunch.
Nels mom sent me a beautiful gift wrapped in daisy pink wrapping paper.
Milk mustache. Kira doesn't like a lot of different foods, but she sure loves milk!
Beautiful Kira in her dress and holding Sleepy her sleeping unicorn.
Doesn't every boy need a claw?
It comes in handy...
Noah wanted a picture with his dino and teddy.
Sofie has been obsessed with Perler beads. She made a family of pandas. 💚
The kids still like to build this v-tech train set once in a while. I'll definitely keep it for the grandkids. :)
Puddle jumping!
My sweet sister Jenny sent me this card to brighten my day. 💛
It was a beautiful sky...
Lunch date!!! We celebrated the kids being in school by going on a lunch date. We went to Burger Republic. I got the shroom burger. Yum!
I also got to go to the temple one Friday night. Yay! So nice to be back. It was my first time since my sisters wedding in July 2020! Nels went last month. We're trying to get back into a habit of going once a month.
One Saturday, the kids painted...it was fun and messy.
Isak had 9,999 steps...we thought it was cool. He almost always gets 10,000 steps everyday.
A few afternoon/evenings, Isak and I played the washer game. He's getting really good. I have some competition. :)
Noah is my helper...haha.
My sweet mom sent me a surprise. A stamping up card kit!!
Guess what Costco had today?! Pajamas! Everyone got a new set of jammies...
Love these adorable kids!
I played a unicorn game with Kira and Sofie.
These two just looked cute after getting off the bus.
Another Friday treat. Cupcakes. They ate 12 cupcakes in less than 12 minutes! We love our "We made it through the week, Friday Treat!"
Noah LOVES Saturday. He wakes up early so he can begin playing immediately. This time he played with his coding critter.
Here's some books we enjoyed:
Fairy Science and Crickwing were my favorites.
Isak's been reading these books. Nels read the Hardy Boys "What Happened at Midnight" to him.
I've been reading the short bedtime stories to Sofie and Noah. Sofie and Noah have been reading the "Dear Dragon" books.
And Kira has been loving the Candy Fairy books.
Guess what finally came?!! Our piano. I'm so HAPPY!!! We love it. It's perfect for our family.
We visited Nels office...
I got to take care of this sweet girl for a few hours one day. Oh, she was fun.
I even got some snuggles when it was time for a nap.
Noah got off the bus and was so happy. He had a note from a friend asking him to come over and play! I texted the mom and we got together with the kids. Noah was so happy!
Another lunch date. I enjoyed the fajitas at our local Mexican restaurant.
We liked how Noah matched his blue popsicle. 💙
Kira loves to beautify her area. She's doing an art tutorial. So she laid out a blanket and arranged everything just right.
When Sofie comes home from school, she likes to unwind by crafting. She takes paper and scissors and lots of tape to create different things. She made her own laptop...
Recovering from school looks like this too!
Ice cream and cookies...
I taught Noah a little piano. He liked it. His fingers are so tiny though!
Kira made up a new set of rules for her room.
We were reading the book on the bottom, when Noah said, "wait!" He ran and got his Gerald and Piggie book and said, "look, elephant and piggie!" Haha. He loves to make connections.
My sweet mom sent our family a card for beginning school,
Friday Treat. Rice Crispy treats.
Sofie got to get items from the treasure box. She picked out a pencil and a donut eraser. Doesn't she look cute! It was football Friday, so she wore her Salem T-shirt.
Crafting...
First Grade paperwork. Top ones are Noah, bottom ones are Sofie.
Isak's teacher gave them donuts one day...
Noah and Sloth. Sloth has been helping Noah go to school. Very grateful that his teacher lets him bring sloth. He usually stays in Noah's backpack, but he can play with Sloth at recess.
Noah is such a good helper. His favorite job is vacuuming.
We did a fun Come Follow Me lesson with glow sticks. It was for Psalms 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." We used glow sticks to find other glow sticks hidden in the room that had ways to follow Jesus...like scriptures, service, repentance and choosing the right. They listened and danced around to the song "I will walk with Jesus."
Another Saturday, the kids wanted to watercolor paint...
Kira asked to spend time with just me. We made some fun origami together. I love special time with Kira.
They spin!!
You never know what kids will want to do...Noah wanted to color a picture of a sloth and be a zookeeper one day.
I saw this when I was shopping. When I was a kid, I loved the Herby car!
Isak spent a few days reviewing and remembering how to play the piano. He's pretty much caught up from when he stopped playing a year ago. I'm so pleased. I also like how his stuffed animal giraffe named Joe is listening to him play.
Sofie and Noah had a cough so they stayed home one day. Noah was kind of faking...but oh well. I had them do school work at home...Math and writing and reading.
They were so excited for Isak and Kira to come home.
I spent a couple of days during my "free" time crocheting a panda hat for Sofie. It turned out so cute and she loves it.
I like Sofie's Minnie Mouse outfit. :)
Silly Isak...holding a Reese's Butter Cup with his chin. He knows how to make us laugh.
Isak's primary teacher sent me this photo. Isak sang a solo in primary. He loves to sing.
Noah is just struggling with transitions when I leave or he leaves. School and primary are tough transitions. I had given him lots of hugs and waited a good five to ten minutes with him, then I left. But my heart was so worried and sad. So I quietly opened the door. I saw the sweet primary counselor (in blue) talking with Noah and helping to cheer him up. I knew he would be ok. And that's what I tell Noah when it's time go for me to go, or he has to go...I remind him there are lots of people that love and care about him.
My Noah can do hard things and he's cute while he does it!
Noah wanted a picture of just sloth...
I got a new purse. And it's a backpack purse! I love it!!!
Can you tell who didn't want to do a photo?!
Oh well. It's still a memory.
Isak's been reading these books. Nels read the Hardy Boys "What Happened at Midnight" to him.
I've been reading the short bedtime stories to Sofie and Noah. Sofie and Noah have been reading the "Dear Dragon" books.
And Kira has been loving the Candy Fairy books.
Guess what finally came?!! Our piano. I'm so HAPPY!!! We love it. It's perfect for our family.
We visited Nels office...
I got to take care of this sweet girl for a few hours one day. Oh, she was fun.
I even got some snuggles when it was time for a nap.
Noah got off the bus and was so happy. He had a note from a friend asking him to come over and play! I texted the mom and we got together with the kids. Noah was so happy!
Another lunch date. I enjoyed the fajitas at our local Mexican restaurant.
We liked how Noah matched his blue popsicle. 💙
Kira loves to beautify her area. She's doing an art tutorial. So she laid out a blanket and arranged everything just right.
When Sofie comes home from school, she likes to unwind by crafting. She takes paper and scissors and lots of tape to create different things. She made her own laptop...
Recovering from school looks like this too!
Ice cream and cookies...
I taught Noah a little piano. He liked it. His fingers are so tiny though!
Kira made up a new set of rules for her room.
We were reading the book on the bottom, when Noah said, "wait!" He ran and got his Gerald and Piggie book and said, "look, elephant and piggie!" Haha. He loves to make connections.
My sweet mom sent our family a card for beginning school,
Friday Treat. Rice Crispy treats.
Sofie got to get items from the treasure box. She picked out a pencil and a donut eraser. Doesn't she look cute! It was football Friday, so she wore her Salem T-shirt.
Crafting...
First Grade paperwork. Top ones are Noah, bottom ones are Sofie.
Isak's teacher gave them donuts one day...
Noah and Sloth. Sloth has been helping Noah go to school. Very grateful that his teacher lets him bring sloth. He usually stays in Noah's backpack, but he can play with Sloth at recess.
Noah is such a good helper. His favorite job is vacuuming.
We did a fun Come Follow Me lesson with glow sticks. It was for Psalms 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." We used glow sticks to find other glow sticks hidden in the room that had ways to follow Jesus...like scriptures, service, repentance and choosing the right. They listened and danced around to the song "I will walk with Jesus."
Another Saturday, the kids wanted to watercolor paint...
Kira asked to spend time with just me. We made some fun origami together. I love special time with Kira.
They spin!!
You never know what kids will want to do...Noah wanted to color a picture of a sloth and be a zookeeper one day.
I saw this when I was shopping. When I was a kid, I loved the Herby car!
Isak spent a few days reviewing and remembering how to play the piano. He's pretty much caught up from when he stopped playing a year ago. I'm so pleased. I also like how his stuffed animal giraffe named Joe is listening to him play.
Sofie and Noah had a cough so they stayed home one day. Noah was kind of faking...but oh well. I had them do school work at home...Math and writing and reading.
They were so excited for Isak and Kira to come home.
I spent a couple of days during my "free" time crocheting a panda hat for Sofie. It turned out so cute and she loves it.
I like Sofie's Minnie Mouse outfit. :)
Silly Isak...holding a Reese's Butter Cup with his chin. He knows how to make us laugh.
Isak's primary teacher sent me this photo. Isak sang a solo in primary. He loves to sing.
Noah is just struggling with transitions when I leave or he leaves. School and primary are tough transitions. I had given him lots of hugs and waited a good five to ten minutes with him, then I left. But my heart was so worried and sad. So I quietly opened the door. I saw the sweet primary counselor (in blue) talking with Noah and helping to cheer him up. I knew he would be ok. And that's what I tell Noah when it's time go for me to go, or he has to go...I remind him there are lots of people that love and care about him.
My Noah can do hard things and he's cute while he does it!
Noah wanted a picture of just sloth...
I got a new purse. And it's a backpack purse! I love it!!!
Can you tell who didn't want to do a photo?!
Oh well. It's still a memory.
Kira and Noah were happy for a photo.
Isak and Kira's Primary teacher gives them homework to do. If they do it, they can turn it in and get candy. They love to do it and I'm thankful for a caring teacher who knows how to motivate them. 😁
Isak and Kira's Primary teacher gives them homework to do. If they do it, they can turn it in and get candy. They love to do it and I'm thankful for a caring teacher who knows how to motivate them. 😁
So that's August! Finished a few summer bucket list items. Started school. Went to school for 18.5 days in August. I mostly caught up on life while they were at school. Cleaned, laundry, blogged and journaled. And that's all for now.
































































































1 comment:
I love your piano! I'm glad it finally came!
Post a Comment