Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Sunflower Outing - September 2022

Online I found a Sunflower field that was a half hour away.  In the description, it said to bring a blanket and food and enjoy the sunflowers and other flowers.  It was $5/adult and kids under 12 were free.  Affordable, yay!  So I imagined our family having a picnic surrounded by sunflowers as far as the eye could see as the sunset.  What really happened...
We got out of the car and within five minutes we had lots of bug bites!  They even gave us some bug spray!  And it wasn't really a field of sunflowers...more like a few rows of sunflowers and a few rows of other types of flowers.  Oh well.  We tried to make the most of it.  I quickly took a few pictures...

Isak is pointing to a butterfly.

Poor Noah.  The bugs love him and sadly, he swells up when he gets bit.  So the four or five on his legs immediately swelled up.
He was very nice and let me take these two pictures...but you can see the grimace...I know he was trying so hard, which makes me love this photo even more.
Pretty Kira..


Here's one of the three or four rows of flowers.

Isak and Nels braved the bugs and ate at the picnic table. 
The rest of us, happily ate in the car!
Then we braved the bugs again to see the sunflowers over this bridge. 
To the left of where Isak is running are the couple of rows of sunflowers.
And here they are...
I took as many pictures as I could get...I love this one of Sofie.

And my handsome Isak.
All 4 kiddos...

Nels quickly took one of me and the kids.

As the kids were running back to the car, I took a selfie with Nels.
And one of me...
Oh my sweet family.  They are so kind to go on my crazy adventures.  Even though, this outing did not turn out how I imagined...I'm still glad we had the experience.  
Sunflower quote by unknown author: 
"I want to be like a sunflower; so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight."
 

No comments: