Thursday, October 20, 2022

Day 2 - Destin, FL

Sept 18, Sunday - Day 2
Nels and the boys were up first so they ate breakfast together, while the girls slept in.  Then I had breakfast with my girls.  Waffles, yogurt, sausage, egg muffin, fruit loops for Kira.  We all got ready and went to the BEACH!  

It was a nice three minute walk from our hotel.  I sprayed everyone with sunscreen.  Right as I was about to spray myself, the sunscreen bottle was empty!  The sun was hot so I knew I needed some protection.   Thankfully, there was a little shop that was a three minute walk away from the beach.  Of course, it was expensive...$17 for one bottle!  But it was worth it!  We set up our camping chairs and beach toys and towels.  I understand why people like umbrellas or canopies.  It would have been nice to have some shade!

The white sand was cool instead of hot and the water was the warm!  Perfect temperature.  I actually got in the water and liked it!

I took lots of pictures...

Noah liked playing with the sand and being in the water!  Such a nice change for him.
Isn't it a dreamy beach!!!
Each child enjoyed doing their own thing...

I took this picture of Nels sitting for half a minute and told him "this is so we can remember you got to relax."  Haha.  The "relaxing" didn't last too long before someone needed something.  

I asked someone to take our photo...


Sand Angel.
Noah boy!

Kira and Dad time!


Here's the crew walking back to the hotel.  
Everyone wanted cleaned off at the same time!  Some how we all ended up in the shower.  Then we figured out it was easier if the kids took turns and I helped them as quickly as possible.  An hour later, we were ready to go find some lunch!
We found a nice outdoor mall with restaurants.  We decided to try Gulf Coast.
While we waited for our food, I took the kids to play on this cool climbing structure.

Lots of fun!


There were also ships and sea creatures to climb on...


I just liked seeing the palm trees.

Sofie found the treasure!
Noah loved saying, "Ahoy!"  


Meanwhile, back at Gulf Coast, our food was delivered by a robot!  Very cool!
Nels got a burger and tater tots.
I got a Hawaiian Chicken burger.  

Then we ordered milkshakes to share.
These were delicious!!!  The girls shared the chocolate one and the boys shared the peanut butter one.  Noah had a vanilla shake.
One of the best shakes I've ever had!  And we got to keep the cups.  So fun.
Our vanilla loving boy.

Great place to eat.
Then the kids played some more while we figured out what to do next.  We found a giraffe painting.  


The kids did this on their own!
Kira is a unicorn.
We decided to buy some tubes to float on in the water.  So we found a beach souvenir shop...silly Sofie.
We bought two tubes and it was the best thing!  I loved the tubes!
We went to the pool at the hotel and just played and played.  
Here's another photo of Nels "relaxing."  
Here's the girls in one tube...

Noah above and Isak in the below picture.  

And me in the tube.  I loved it.  I'm so glade we bought them.
I tried to be with each kid in the pool.  We played Marco Polo.  I helped Kira swim.  She's getting so much better at swimming with her head under the water!!

Snuggles with Sofie...Check out her face!  She can make some crazy faces.

Practicing plugging her nose...
Then we walked to the beach as the sun was setting.  
Kira wanted a picture with the baby palm tree.
The sunset was gorgeous!  






Love this photo...






It was late by the time we finished watching the sunset...and since we are vacationing in the "off" season...a lot of restaurants had closed early.  Luckily, we found Chipotle was open so we ate there.  Tacos, quesadillas and chips.   
We were all exhausted and went right to bed.  Sofie and Noah slept on the sofa bed.  Isak and Kira slept on the queen bed. It was a great day!!

No comments: