Sept 19, Monday - Day 3
We split our trip into two locations, Destin and Panama City Beach. So in the morning, we packed and got ready to drive an hour to Panama City Beach.
Kira and I got to eat breakfast together.
Nels took the kids to the pool while I finished packing and loading the van. I had given Sofie a blueberry muffin to eat at the pool. But a sneaky squirrel ate her muffin instead. She cried and cried.
We checked out of the hotel at 11 am and drove one hour to Panama City Beach. Thankfully, we were able to check into our Hampton Inn hotel early! While we waited for room keys, I took some pictures of the kids with their stuffed animals.
See the pool and then the beach...it's just outside the hotel!!
We splurged and got a room with a view and a balcony. It was worth it. So fun!
The room worked well for our family. The couch folded out to a bed. Kira and Sofie shared it this time.
Noah and Isak shared the other bed.
See the sky bridge...it connects to the garage. We had to pay $40/night for parking!
While we were waiting for something else...more pictures...
We ate lunch at Chili's. Then we (mostly me and Nels) were tired. So we took a nice long nap while the kids played on their Kindles. Then we went to the beach from about 5-7 p.m.
See the pool and then the beach...it's just outside the hotel!!
We splurged and got a room with a view and a balcony. It was worth it. So fun!
The room worked well for our family. The couch folded out to a bed. Kira and Sofie shared it this time.
Noah and Isak shared the other bed.
See the sky bridge...it connects to the garage. We had to pay $40/night for parking!
While we were waiting for something else...more pictures...
We ate lunch at Chili's. Then we (mostly me and Nels) were tired. So we took a nice long nap while the kids played on their Kindles. Then we went to the beach from about 5-7 p.m.
We just walked out of our hotel room and right onto the beach! Gorgeous!
The water was even better than Destin because it had less seaweed and felt cleaner.
The kids immediately started playing and burying things and building.
The circled area is our hotel room. We were on the 2nd floor.I just floated around in the water with the kids...that's me in the green tube far away.
I did share the tube though...
You can see Noah behind Isak and the tube.
I tried to get all four...but Noah didn't want to. He's still in the photo though. Heehee.
He finally decided to come be with everyone.
We enjoyed another sunset.
I love this photo of Kira...
And Sofie.
And Isak.
I didn't get one of just Noah...
I did share the tube though...
You can see Noah behind Isak and the tube.
I tried to get all four...but Noah didn't want to. He's still in the photo though. Heehee.
He finally decided to come be with everyone.
We enjoyed another sunset.
I love this photo of Kira...
And Sofie.
And Isak.
I didn't get one of just Noah...
Rough night for dinner...not many restaurants were open. We tried IHOP, but they were too slow. Only one server. We waited 15 minutes and they didn't even seat us! So we left. We ended up going to McDonald's drive thru for chicken nuggets, smoothies and I got an Oreo McFlurry. Good enough!
We watched Madeline on BYU TV on the TV in our room. Then off to bed.








































No comments:
Post a Comment