Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Day 4 & 5 - Panama City Beach, FL

Sept 20, Tuesday - Day 4
Good Morning!  Just checking the weather...oh, it's perfect.  We had the best weather for the whole trip!
Pajamas on the balcony.

Fruit loops for Noah.  He had his pet alligator that he got from Fudpucker's.
Kira and her fruit loops.  She also liked their cinnamon muffins.
Sofie liked their waffles with whip cream.  I didn't get a pic of Isak.  But he loved all of the food.  Waffles, sausage links, eggs.  It was a great breakfast.
We decided to go to the pool first.  But the water was cold.  Too cold for me.  I didn't get in.  So I snuggled whoever was having a hard time.  Which was little Kira first.  


The boys played.

Sofie had a hard time, so I got to snuggle her too.
Then we decided to ditch the cold pool and go to the warm beach!  Good choice.  It was just right.

All four kids worked on building a mountain that they named Sandmore (like Mt. Rushmore) with a moat.  So cute watching them work together.  
Pretty Kira...

Sofie and Kira are pretending to be mermaids.
I floated with the kids.  Isak and I floated to the big white balls.  It took a while and while we were doing that Kira and Noah got in a fight that ended with Kira throwing sand in Noah's face.  She felt bad, but Nels didn't know how to handle her big emotions while trying to help Noah calm down.  So Kira decided to punish herself by dumping sand on her head and hair.  Oh, dear.  Big explosion!
Nels did his best and decided to quickly pack up and go back to the hotel.  I could see him leaving, but Isak and I were pretty far from the beach still.  There wasn't anything I could do to help.  I felt bad for everyone. 

Isak and I finally got back to the beach and finished packing what Nels couldn't carry.  Kira was still steaming mad and was waiting for me by the outdoor showers.  I thankfully, stayed calm and listened while she let all of her emotions out.  

We all got showers and cleaned up.  But by this time, I was worn out from taking care of everyone and I started getting grumpy and hungry!  Uh-oh!

We went to Pier Park.  
We found some fun things...
Everyone wanted different things to eat.  So I took the girls and we got pizza.
Sweethearts!
Nels took the boys to Margaritaville so Isak could finally try shrimp.

So Isak ate shrimp and...
Noah got a ton of Mac & Cheese!   Isak thought the shrimp was ok, but it's not his favorite.
The girls and I shopped while we waited for the boys.  I bought a Christmas ornament and magnet.  Then we all went to The Yard for milkshakes/ice cream.  I was just tired and done at this point.  I got so frustrated trying to help 4 kids make a decision about ice cream.  I had to step out for a minute.  Finally, we all made our decisions and enjoyed our treat.  



Quick picture on the big chair...

Then we napped and rested back at the hotel!  Yay!  The sun was starting to set. 

I read on the balcony for a few minutes.


Then I invited the kids to come on a sunset beach walk with me.  Only Sofie wanted to go and it was perfectly enjoyable.  She's a delight to be with.  


I took a lot of pictures of her.  Isn't she the cutest?!






Then we went back to the hotel...


Nels got us Panera salads and McD's for the kids and left over mac and cheese for Noah.  We all relaxed and then went to bed. 

Sept. 21, Wednesday - Day 5 - Last Day.
I woke up first!  It was so nice to get ready and pack while everyone still slept.  I even snuck out on the balcony and read a general conference talk while the sun was rising.  That was another favorite moment. 
I don't remember when I took this picture.  But I loved our view... 
A few photos before we went to eat breakfast...






Even Panda got to be in a picture.
Then time for breakfast...
This picture makes me laugh...siblings...

I liked the decor of the hotel...
We loaded the van and headed home.  We ended up buying the kids stuffed animals for souvenirs.  Isak got a wolf squishmallow.  Kira got a purple unicorn, Sofie got another little panda, Noah got a reversible Octopus...it goes from a happy to a sad face.
We ate at Cracker Barrel somewhere in Alabama.  They served the kids the fanciest chocolate and white milk!  Candy straws and whip cream on top of the milk!  The kids loved it.
7.5 hour drive home.  We finished Ramona's World.  Nels and I talked.  We listened to some Jimmy Buffet music.  And I was able to read for a little bit without getting too sick.  

We made it home.  Nels got Costco tacos for us to eat while I fed the kids, did laundry, unpacked some and got the kids ready for bed.  Vacation is over!  I'm so glad we went.  We had highs and lows.  Lots of pictures.  Special moments.  We did it.  Family time and memories.  💜
 

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love your sunset pictures. They are beautiful!