Little Moments in May:
I found this card from Sofie to Kira. "Dear Kira, So Sorry. Love your little sister. I love you." I think Kira helped her write it.
There was a strong wind that blew the pink petals off the flowers on the tree. I thought the petals were still beautiful on the ground.
Just taking a walk with these two kiddos, jammies and teddy bears. :)We found a puddle!
This is the park near our home. It's a fun one.
The day before my surgery I surprised Isak and Kira by picking them up at school around 11 a.m. Sofie and Noah were in preschool. I just wanted some time with my older kids because it doesn't happen as often. I took them to Buttermilk. Oh, how I loved this time with them! Isak and Kira were amazing and fun and wonderful company.
We colored the kids menu and talked. Isak ordered the big kid platter eggs, hash browns, bacon and pancakes. Kira ate the banana pancakes and I ate the mountain house skillet. So delicious and perfect.
A few more selfies before I took them back to school.
Teddy bear and bunny pancakes to match their stuffed animals.
Last picture of the family before my surgery.
Sofie looking cute with her teddy bear headband.Haha. Learning about static with a balloon.
Playing in the rain!
Nels did activity days. They launched their rockets.
Poor Isak tripped while he was holding his rocket and jabbed his eye. It was black and blue for a while.
Just reading a book.
Pretty hair. Pretty rainbow dress.Making cards to welcome the grandparents.
Such a sweet, beautiful girl.
Nels looked so cute picking up all of the stuffed animals before bed. Haha.
Ready for a bike ride with teddy.Goofy kids.
Noah with the fire hydrant.
Sofie with her teddy.
Our amazing neighbor Betsy who took care of the kids while Nels and I were at the hospital.
"I am a ninja!" 😂I sat in my chair with all of my pillows elevating my body and I started to crochet a little bunny. Sofie and Noah made fishy balloons, Alexa played fishy songs and they danced around. It was a fun moment.
My sisters bought the kids some games, snacks and stickers for them to play with while I recovered. They loved playing Junior Monopoly!
Poor Daddy!
The kids are lined up and ready to help me with my recovery walking time.
Noah and his teddy.
All four on the playground!
Sofie and Noah do such a good job taking care of their stuffed animals.
Nels took the kids on a bike ride. He took the traditional big rock picture. Kira and Noah hanging out together.
They were telling stories about the fairy garden toys.
Sofie and Noah swinging while their teddy bears watch them.
Isak and Nels working hard to mulch the landscape areas.
Kira and her horsey walking with me.
Yay! I loved improving my walking distance. The kids were so supportive and always willing to come with me.
Sharing a chair and eating cereal. These two...💛
I was craving these M&M brownies. I made them for Memorial day so we used blue, white and red colored M&Ms.
Noah "helping" dad.
Check out his tool belt. 💙
Pink petals on the tree. Lots of shade.
And that's May! Surgery, Sofie and Noah's birthday, Grandparents came and school got done. While I sat on the couch a lot...I tried to be productive still. I made a phonebook of winter fun for 2021. I crotched a little bunny. I journaled and read Saints volume 2...only about half done. I read and snuggled with the kids and tried to be part of their lives as much as possible. We were glad when May was done and I had 4 weeks of recovery done!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment