Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Happy Birthday Sofie and Noah!

 Sofie and Noah turned 5 years old on May 11.  They were so excited!  Poor Noah wasn't feeling well though.  He woke up in the night and threw up and he had a terrible cough.  But he still tried to have a great day.  I had purchased all of their gifts before my surgery and then Nels wrapped them all up the night before their birthday.  

Poor Isak woke up sick with a cough too.  So instead of Isak and Kira going to school, they stayed home.  Kira was so helpful and played with Sofie all day.  I was glad she stayed home!

We opened gifts right away...


Noah got a giraffe/treehouse lego set, spiderman action figure, catboy and owlet cars, mess-free coloring book, a new horn for his bike, a kite from Isak, stickers from Kira, new Paw Patrol jammies, a Mickey Mouse shirt, cards from G & G Swensen with $5, and helmets from G & G Nyborg for both Sofie and Noah.  
Sofie received dots cupcakes lego set, Pretty, pretty princess game, Tots play toy, mess free coloring book, slime (it only lasted a  minute before we threw it away) mermaid outfit, paw patrol jammies, kite from Isak, marshmallows and a pen from Kira.  

Birthday cereal for breakfast - Fruit loops and Birthday confetti cereal.  

Sofie and Kira played Pretty, Pretty Princess together.  Such a cute, fun game.
You collect jewelry and dress up.  
The awful slime that we threw away.  It was so messy and yucky.
Nels took the boys to get COVID tests.  Both tested negative, but Noah has a croup cough and received a strong steroid to help.  

Nels made sloppy joes for dinner.  Then we had birthday cupcakes from the store for their birthday.  Sofie and Noah were so kind and understanding about their birthday.  I felt so sad that I wasn't able to do their birthday how I usually do.  But they were happy and enjoyed what we were able to do for them.
A friend stopped by with helium balloons.  Sofie and Noah loved the balloons!


I love this picture.  

Everyone enjoyed blowing out the candles and then eating the little cupcakes.  
Here's Noah with his new Mickey shirt and cat boy car.
Sofie is wearing her mermaid outfit.  
Their preschool class sang to them.  💛  This is just a picture I took of the video...
Noah with his new jammies and PJ mask cars.
Birthday hat for Sofie and bunny foo foo.
Here's Noah visiting me in my room with his balloon.  
We have 5 year olds now.  Sofie and Noah are both learning and growing.  Most of the time they bring a lot of joy to our family.  They have definitely taught me a lot of patience and I'm learning to be a better parent because of the challenges they give to me.  😂

No comments: