Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Local Day

Thursday, August 22.  We stayed around Geneva for our adventures today.  I got the kids off to school.  Then I got to enjoy a wonderful breakfast with Kari's family at my favorite restaurant Buttermilk. 
I got something different this time!!  I tried the omelet.  It was delicious.  I've had the lemon blueberry pancakes before and they were still wonderful.

We finished up just in time for me to get home and get Sofie and Noah off of the bus.  I picked up Isak and Kira from school.  Then we all went to Peck Farm Park.  We explored the Butterfly House first.
I love watching the kids watch nature.

Noah was constantly pointing and wanting me to "Come, see!"
Sofie and Noah were fascinated by this butterfly sunbathing on the floor.
I'm amazed by the detail on these beautiful butterflies.
Each one is so unique.

Then we played on the playground.  Kira being silly...
Noah was surprisingly brave today.  He went down the big slide and climbed up to it all by himself.  And he did it again and again.
Khloe's hair was so cute sticking up from the static.
HA!  I finally caught a picture of her.  She always dodges photos.  But I got her this time.  :)
We climbed the silo and enjoyed all the park activities.  Then we decided we needed some refreshments.  So we went to Oberweis on Ice Cream Drive.
Mmmm.  So good!
I bought the kids these little waffle cones dipped in chocolate with sprinkles.  They loved them.


Banana split.
Ice cream and chess.  Does it get any better??
My kids and I shared a triple scoop of ice cream.  We tried their new flavor mermaid and shark ice cream.
Noah was so silly.  But he loved watching the factory work.
Next we went to Prairie Path Park.  I thought they would enjoy the zip line swing.  Here's Kari trying it out.
They spent a long time playing and taking turns on the zip line.  Here's Isak doing superman on it.
I think we were all still full from Buttermilk and Oberweis.  So we just came home and fixed the kids leftovers and quesadillas.  I made salads for me and Kari.  Nels bought Portillo's for Jared and himself.  We played the washer game.  I beat Jared twice.  :)
Then off to bed and getting ready for the big adventure for Friday.

No comments: