Thursday, September 26, 2019

August Little Moments

I'm finally getting some workers!  Haha.  Kira helped me with the dishes. 
Isak vacuumed the floor.
Reading time.  
I love evenings like this.  Isak and Dad were playing Othello.  Little Sofie is in the background playing too.
I wondered why my mirror was so dirty...Noah. haha.

Isak really likes this Othello game.  Good thing Nels likes it too.  I don't like this game!
We FaceTimed my mom and she took this picture of Kira.  💕 I love her dimples!
This is all the stuff Noah sleeps with.  I thought it was cute how he lined up the three cars.
Sofie-on a Sunday.

I love this ball of energy!
One of the Family Home Evening lessons we did was on baptism.  I asked our parents to send pictures of us when we were around 8 years old.  Here's Nels.  So cute and handsome.  
Here's me.  The picture on the right is the day I was baptized.  My mom made that yellow dress.  It was probably my favorite dress.  I loved all of the lace and ruffles.
The top left picture: Birthday pajamas.  My mom made these pajamas.  We called them genie jammies.  I got Minnie Mouse rollerskates for my birthday.  LOVED them.  Middle picture: me floating.  I remember being so scared to put my head under the water.  I practiced and practiced so I would be ready for my baptism.  The bottom picture: Those are the kids that came to my 8th birthday party, also my very first birthday party.
Top Picture: school play.  Middle picture: I'm reading a book to my little sister Jenny.  Bottom picture: Easter.  Kari and I got real bunnies for Easter!!  I'm holding the white bunny.  I named her Nicole.  So fun!
Here's what I wrote in a journal:
I'm pretty sure that Kira draws a lot better than me!
Here's a picture Kira drew.  I love the detail she put into it.  And the message, "I know that my Heavenly Father loves me!" She drew Nels and even drew his checkered shoes!
School supply shopping.  It's no joke!
Here's Sofie coloring at the Dr. office.  
Noah found a bus and was super thrilled.
Sofie was our sick one.  She had this weird rash and bumps all over.  At first we thought they were mosquito bites, but then they turned into bruises and they showed up in different spots.  So weird.  The Dr said she had Henoch Schonlein Purpura.  It should go away on its own in 4-6 weeks.  It has gotten better but she still has a few bumps left.  She was soooo good for the doctor though.
I got get out of the house!  I went for a bike ride.  Pretty sunset.
More of Kira's notes.  "Dear mom, I love you and thank you for helping me to get the babies not to bug me!"  haha.
This on made my heart hurt a little.  I went for my bike ride by myself.  When I got back, Kira gave me this note.  "Dear mom, I love you so much!  Why don't I get a bike ride with you.  It's no fair!  I still love you , but I never get 1 single bike ride."  I made sure to take her on a bike ride the next day.
Summer reading program!  Isak, Kira and I all completed it.
One Friday, Nels took the day off and we went to Six Flags!  We left and got on the highway when I realized we forgot the passes!  So we drove back home to get them.  We didn't get to the park until 1:45 p.m.  We ate lunch at the car and changed into our swimsuits.  Then we went to the Hurricane Harbor water park at Six Flags.  We started with the lazy river, it ended up being the screaming river. Noah and Sofie weren't sure about it.  Then we went to the pirate ship.  Isak and Nels did three of the big slides.  There was a little slide that Noah, Sofie and Kira loved.  So I played with them while Nels and Isak did the bigger slides.  Then Noah was coming to me and another kid totally ran into him and knocked him down.  He ended up with a scraped bloody elbow.  We found the first aid place.  They bandaged him up and gave all the kids a popsicle.  All better.  :)

Then we did the lazy river again and it was much better.  Everyone actually enjoyed it this time.  Then everyone did their favorite thing.  Isak went up and down two big slides by himself!  I waited for him at the bottom of the slide.  We stayed until it closed at 6 p.m.  Pretty fun.  No pictures because I didn't want to get my phone wet!!!

Afterwards, we ate at McDonald's.  The kids loved the indoor playground.  They kept saying "Best Day Ever!"  So here is one picture at McDonald's.  I'm glad the kids had a great time!
Another note from Kira, this time to Isak.  "Dear Isak, sorry for bugging you.  I hope you're sorry for hitting me right on the head!  I love you.  Have great day!.  Love, Kira"
A short story by Kira.  "Once upon a time there was a lost horse and it could not find its friends and then it found it's friends.  The End."  She used a stencil for the horse.
Playdough fun.  My little pony.
Mother's day gifts from my kindergartners.  So cute.  Kira's...
Isak...
Sofie loves getting cards and notes from Kira.
Haircut for my Noah boy.  He was very well behaved.
Noah is having a hard time going to bed at night.  Here he is still awake with his new haircut.
I love seeing my kids in church and doing good things.
Another heartbreaking note from Kira, "All I need is a little love.  I feel sad.  I still love you.  Love your sad Kira."  I gave her lots of hugs.
Grilled peaches!!!
With ice cream and crushed graham crackers.
And raspberries.  Oh my!  So yummy.  Nels and I even got to enjoy it outside by ourselves in the summer evening.
August was a full month.
Other non-picture moments: 
    • Sofie had a thorn in the palm of her hand from when her chair tipped over and she landed in the rose bush!  I had tried a few times to get the thorn out.  Sofie would scream and scream.  Finally, I gave her a bath to soften her skin, then used a small needle.  She was crying super hard.  I asked the kids to pray for her.  Kira ran into the other room and prayed.  I told Sofie we needed to get the thorn out and to please calm down.  After Kira's prayer, she finally calmed down and the needle pushed the thorn right out!  We were all amazed, happy and grateful that Heavenly Father answered our prayers!  
    • I started coding again.  I worked on learning bootstrap.  I really like it. 
    • I played games with Isak-Ticket to ride and Sorry.  
    • Isak, Kira and Sofie have been practicing hula hooping.  So fun to watch.  Heehee.
    •  We made cookies.  Kira made "good luck going back to school" cards.  We took the cookies and cards to two families that Nels ministers to.
    • Nels gave each of the kids Father's Blessings before the first day of school.  So sweet.  They each took their turn and tried their best to listen.
    • Nels went to a Pearl Jam Cover Band Concert with a friend.
    •  Isak saw us playing nerts and wanted to learn.   So we taught him how to play solitaire to practice.  Then nerts.  He caught on pretty quick.
    • The hole in our family room ceiling finally got repaired.  Yay!
    • I read a book called Jane of Austin.  Cute book - modern day version of Sense and Sensibility.  Now I'm reading Sense and Sensibility.
    • I read Nancy Clancy and the Silver Key to Kira.  
    • Sofie loves play dough.  It's the one thing that will keep her busy for longer than five minutes!!
That's all for August.  The weather was nice most of the time and it was a wonderful month!

No comments: