Friday, August 30, 2019

July Little Moments

Lots of posts for July, but this is the last one!
Kira loves to write.  She writes all the time and lots of times she writes me notes.  I liked this one:
"Dear Mom, I love you so much.  Thank you for giving me ice cream!  Thank you for playing with me!  I love how you color!  Love Kira"  I like how she writes somethings specific and even gives compliments.  What a sweetheart!
Strawberries!  Sofie and Noah love to put them on their fingers and eat them.  They poke a hole in the top for their finger to go in.
Our neighbor gave us some cupcakes.  Yum!
My birthday was July 3rd.  It was a little crazy because we were prepping for the trip and Nels had to work late for month end.  But everyone tried to make it special.  In the morning, Nels and the kids wrapped some gifts for me.  They were so excited to give them to me and help me unwrap them.  They gave me 12 and 15 lb weights, fancy markers and dark caramel chocolate.

I worked out.  Then I took the kids to Walmart and then to Sports Clips so Isak could get a really short haircut.  Then we picked out coloring books at the Dollar Store for our trip.  Isak got a Sudoku book.  I did laundry and packed the kids stuff.  That's about all.  No cake, no ice cream.  I ate leftovers from dinner the night before.  Yummy leftovers...because I made my birthday dinner the night before.  My grandpa's enchiladas with an egg on top.
Not a huge celebration, but that's ok. I got some nice texts and phone calls from family and friends.  Melissa surprised me with a birthday present!  Kira made me a card.

Oh and I painted us girls fingernails and toenails.  That took me a long time.


One morning I walked out of my bedroom to find these two three year olds like this...
One time Noah was so exhausted he fell asleep like this on the floor.  I guess he didn't like his shirt and was trying to take it off and then fell asleep.
Another note, this one for Dad.  "Dear Daddy, I love you so much and I'm so sorry that Sofie hit you in the head. I love you.  Have a great day.  Love, Kira."
Summer day.  Water fun!
And lunch outside.
Dressing up dad!  They all spontaneously decided to put random things on Nels.  Silly kids.
Teaching children to pray.  I love this picture of Nels and Noah.  We need God in our lives, that's for sure!
Learning to bead.  Sofie really liked it and spent quite a bit of time working on it.
Pretty sunset.




National Ice Cream day was celebrated at the Nyborg house!!!  Four cartons of ice cream.  Four happy kids!
Haha!  I love Noah's face.  "Where's my ice cream?!"  Don't worry, he got some!
Hooray!
More notes from Kira.  She wrote one to Sofie and one to Noah.

I thought this one was funny.  "Dear Noah and Sofie.  I love you so much.  But I am so sorry for hitting you!!!  I love you so so so much and thank you for playing with me!!  Love Kira"
Here's some of the notes she wrote to Sofie on our Door County trip.
Two attentive three year olds.  They carefully watched dad fix the bike.
I don't remember what happened.  But sleeping Noah is so sweet.
I got this fire truck book from the library.  He loved it and had to get his fire truck to show me how it matches the one in the book.
Do you eat strawberries from your fingers?  
Here's the Scavenger hunt bag from the library.  The kids enjoyed finding the items in our backyard.
We did the skittle experiment.  Put skittles on a plate...
Then put a little warm water in the center of the plate.  Serious looking kids!
Then the colors swirl onto the plate.
This pic is out of order...Isak with the scavenger hunt bag.
More water fun.

So tired...Sofie and Noah stopped napping six months ago, but occasionally life catches up to them and they zonk out.
Oh sweet Sofie.  She helped shell eggs for the potato salad.  She was so proud of herself.
I've been decluttering and I found some more wedding pictures  I love this one with my dear friend Cami!
I reorganized our game/craft closet.  I'm happy with the result.  Hopefully it lasts longer than a week!
Noah likes to sleep with a lot stuff in his bed.  He loves his Blaze car and transformer.  
More stuff I found when I decluttered.  I took a children's sewing class in college.   I remember I took this sewing class and calculus.  I'm pretty sure sewing was the harder of the two!  Here's the coat I made.  
Two shirts and pants.
Sofie tried the coat on.  Haha.  The sleeves are longer than the coat.  It's so funny.  I think I like calculus better.  haha.
That's all for July.
And here's a few non-picture items:

  • It was a BIG expensive house month.  Our water heaters started to leak in the basement.  So we ended up replacing two water heaters, the sub pump and two waters spigots.  We also had the master bathroom leak repaired.  And we bought mulch for the front and back landscaping.  This was also a lot of work, weeding and spreading it.  But I'm glad we did it and it's done.  
  • Nels interviewed for a complex controller position in the Chicago area with IP, but he didn't get it.  And we are totally ok with that!  
  • We mailed postcards to Mrs Spence, Isak and Kira's kindergarten teacher.  
  • Isak learned how to play Ticket to Ride and loves it.  I played it with him a couple of times.  
  • I played Chutes and Ladders with Kira and we went on a few bike rides together.  Also, I read a chapter book with her, Wrenly book #2.
  • I decluttered/organized our Master Bedroom closet, the linen closet, Isak and Kira's closet, the basement, the pantry and the game/craft closet.  I worked hard on it!!  Hopefully my efforts last. 
Great summer month for July.  The weather was nice most of the time.  We enjoyed a long vacation, lots of parks and ice cream!

No comments: