Thursday, August 29, 2019

July 10 - Hike and Al Johnson's

Poor Annica got sick in the night.  So we had a slow start in the morning as we tried to decide what to do.  The boys quietly colored and did sudoku.  πŸ˜Š
We finally decided to go to Bailey Bay Harbor - The Ridges.  While Nels went into the visitor center to get information, I took pictures - of course!




We went on a family discovery hike.  We saw fossils, forts, lots of butterflies and did some leaf rubbings.
It was a bit longer of a hike than I thought it would be.  The hard parts were the taller grass, mosquitos and mud.  But we didn't get lost this time!!

Nels and I had to carry Sofie and Noah for the last third of the hike.
Then we me up with the Draper's and ate at Al Johnson's about 2 p.m. for lunch.

Noah found a friend! πŸ˜‚
So did Sofie.
My boys. πŸ’™
Annica making friends with her cousins.
We ordered hot chocolate.  Yum!
πŸ’™
Our little family of six ALL ate and enjoyed Swedish pancakes!!  Nels and I also got Swedish meatballs and eggs.  I was so happy that all the kids ate the pancakes!
We played on the playground across the street for a while.

The water was so high it covered the dock 4-5 inches.  It was so fun to wade through the water and cool down a bit.


We ate sandwiches at the cottage for dinner.
Sad Sofie.  She reached her limit!  Poor girl.
We played the Camp game.
Then we enjoyed an early bedtime - 8:30 p.m.!!

No comments: