Thursday, August 29, 2019

Big Boy Train

Saturday, July 27. 
Nels planned an adventure for us!  We left the house around 9:15 a.m. and drove to West Chicago to see the Big Boy Train from 1941.  The transcontinental railroad was celebrating its 150th year.  We parked and then walked with large crowds of people.  We walked over a bridge to cross the railroad tracks.  Then we took pictures...

We waited in line to take a picture in front of the train or I guess it's the back of the train.


And here's the front.

Then we walked back to the car.  We were almost to the car, but we stopped for a little snack to decrease the whining.
We watched the trains for a bit.
Then we drove home.  It was very crowded.  The weather was nice and I enjoyed walking and talking with the kids.  Later, I went grocery shopping.  I bought 100 easy to fill water balloons.  When I got home we filled up the balloons and had a great time throwing them at each other.  :)

Then we took the kids to the Batavia Creamery.  We all got ice cream and enjoyed different flavors.  Birthday cake, mix madness, bear claw, oatmeal cookie and strawberry.

We got Portillo's for dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night.  Thanks for planning a fun adventure Nels!!

No comments: