Tuesday, August 27, 2019

July 5th - Boat Day

We were up and going around 7:30 a.m.  Jon -first cousin to Nels's dad- took us on his boat around 10:30 a.m.  It was awesome .  Everyone loved it.  

Before we went on the boat, we waited on the shore for a few minutes.  The kids loved throwing rocks.



Kira liked collecting rocks.
Nels got exactly twenty seconds to sit peacefully.  😀
Noah was so cute.  He actually liked the boat and kept saying, "fast boat."
Sofie, of course, loved it.
This picture reminds me, to get Noah on the boat I bribed him with a sucker.  So all the kids got a sucker at the beginning.
I fixed Kira's hair.  I think it's cute.
Isak boy loved every minute.  
Cousin Jon let each kid have a turn driving.  Isak went first.
Do you see that cool cube window house on the cliffs?
Kira drove second.
Sofie went third.  She was so proud of herself for going fast!
Nels's mom and dad came with us.



Noah drove the boat last with the help of his dad.

It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to do it together.
We bought sandwiches, Cheetos and bubble gum at the Pioneer Store.  I tried to teach Isak and Kira how to blow bubbles with the gum.  They didn't like the bubble gum.  But they were impressed with my bubble blowing skills.  😀

Then we relaxed at the cottage for an hour or so.  Then we played at Sandy Beach Bay.  The water was higher than normal so sadly there wasn't much beach.  But grandma swam with Isak and Kira in the water.  Sofie got in the water a little bit.  Then they dug in the patch of sand that was available.  Nels held Noah in the water for a while.  Isak and Grandma had a little water squirt gun fight.  I only took one picture because I was busy!
We cleaned up from the beach and in the parking lot we saw a huge turtle!
We had brauts for dinner.  We bought some ice cream from the Pioneer Store.  We also rented a movie from the store.  We popped popcorn and watched Mary Poppins Returns.  We put kids to bed as they needed.  Isak stayed up for the whole movie!  We were all in bed by 11 p.m.

No comments: