Friday, September 27, 2013

Our Wild West Adventure!

August 15 - August 26 we flew home to see our families.  Here's a few stats about our trip:
  • 12 days
  • 4 plane rides
  • 3 checked bags, 3 carry ons, 2 car seats, 1 stroller

The babies met and saw:
  • 2 great grandma's, 1 great grandpa
  • 2 grandma's, 2 grandpa's
  • 14 Aunts and Uncles
  • 18 Nieces and Nephews

We slept in:
  • 5 different houses

Babies Received Tons of Hugs and Kisses
and No one got sick!

August 15 we were at the airport and ready for our flight that left at 8 a.m.  Babies were in their pj's and wondering what was going on!  We parked the van at the airport, took the shuttle, made it through security, bought water (for the bottles) and boarded the plane.  I was a little nervous when the pilot announced that the flight was 3 hours and 47 minutes from Charlotte to Salt Lake City.  But all went well. 
 I held Kira and Nels held Isak.  They took two naps and ate once.  We sat by a couple who had twin boys and the husband was a twin also.  And we were across the aisle from sister twins that were in their 50's.  Crazy, huh!?  

Luckily we didn't have to change diapers on the plane.  The babies didn't cry at all.  They were perfect.
We landed in SLC and only had time to change the babies diapers before we boarded a small plane to go to Idaho Falls, Idaho.  
I love this picture of Kira looking out the window while we wait for the plane to take off.
We landed in Idaho about 1 p.m or so.  My mom and dad were there just smiling and waving.  I love that moment of when we first saw them.  We hugged, took pictures and got our luggage.
My parents took us to Gator Jacks to eat lunch.  It's a pretty cool place with yummy food.  We tried the Gator Bites appetizer which is baby potatoes with cheese and bacon on top.  Mmmmm good.
My mom took some photos with her iPhone.  This is how we feed the babies when we are out and about.
Nels feeding Kira.  
The babies got to ride their first Gator. :)

I love being home.  There is just a wonderful feeling there and I have so many happy memories. For dinner my mom totally catered to me and fixed my Grandpa Stewart's Enchiladas and my Dad's favorite chocolate cake.  She even put a Happy Birthday banner in the cake.  :)
We bathed the babies and got them ready for bed.  Kira fell right to sleep.  She slept in the crib that my parents had with all of us kids and I think every grandchild has slept in it.  But Isak...could not fall asleep in the pack and play.  So Nels held him in the bed and slept with him that night.  I slept in another room.  I checked the monitor to make sure everyone was okay before I fell asleep.  This is what I saw.  Nels being a sweet daddy.
That's the end of the first day.  More to come.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

I am so scared to travel with two babies!! You guys make it look so easy:)