Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Memphis Zoo

Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh my!  But wait, I didn't see Lions or Tigers at the Memphis Zoo.  Maybe next time.  We did see Grizzly Bears, Black Bears and Polar Bears though. 

We finally made it to the Memphis Zoo.  My work (Hilton) had a Family Zoo Night.  It was great.  We got off work early and Nels got to come too.  Hilton provided dinner, dessert and we got in for free. 

Here's some pictures:
Monkeys
It's been so long, I can't remember the name of this monkey...I think it was an Orange oh wait an Orangutan.
Giraffes:  Such pretty patterns.
Me and Nels:  Um, we did not match or even coordinate our colors.  Orange and Red...I will try not to do that again!

Cool cactus or Prickly Pear Cactus.
Zebra:  Yikes, Stripes, Fruit stripe gum...remember that advertisement?  Yep, I'm getting old!
Elephant.  My sisters favorite animal.  I rode an elephant once at the San Diego Zoo.
Cheese:  see orange and red...oh dear.
Bald Eagles:

I love this fact about the Bald Eagle:  "Bald Eagles mate for life and will only select another mate if their mate should die." 
My favorite section was called the Teton Trek.  Probably because it reminded me of home.  Love the Tetons.  Anyways the Grizzly Bears were super active.  I got a great video, but alas, it won't load today. 
I wanted a cute picture of us on this adorable wood bench with the lantern above us.  Here's the picture, but once again, orange and red...not so great.  haha.
So picturesque, don't you think?

1 comment:

Larysa said...

I am glad you finally got to see the zoo, and it is always fun to get to read your blog.