Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bird in the Garage

I know it's Snowy December and I'm writing about the warm August months.  But I'm catching up here!
One day I left the garage door open and a wee little bird flew in and couldn't get out.  I  figured the bird would come out eventually so I didn't worry about it.  But I casually mentioned it to Nels. 

Sweet Nels went out to the garage on an errand to rescue the bird.  He used a broom to gently guide the bird out of the garage.  For some reason the bird liked the broom and just perched there for a few minutes.  Well, long enough for Nels to go into the house, get the camera and take a picture. 

I learned that Nels has a soft spot for wee little birds trapped in garages.  Way to be a hero Nels! :)

1 comment:

Cami said...

Thats funny. John has a soft place in his heart for birds too. He was walking home from the bus, saw a bird that had lost his mother, came home, got the bike and the trailer, and a box and put the little bird in the box. He brought it home thinking that we could raise it or something, crazy! We would have had to wake up in the middle of the night to feed this little bird. Not worth it. I told John to go all the way back and put it where he found it. Maybe the mom was looking for it.

I do not think I have a soft spot for birds, but yours is prettier than ours was.