Saturday, May 18, 2024

April Moments 2024

Our little moments in April 2024
Here's Noah with his Super Mario shirt and Yoshi stuffed animal.
Sofie and Kira had dentist appointments.  No cavities.  Yay!
My hard drive stopped working!  I learned this because the Photos app on my mac would no longer import photos and it said it was because of my hard drive.  Lots of prayers, and a phone call to apple support helped me to solve the issue.  My hard drive was not properly formatted.  So I had to copy everything from one hard drive to another one.  Erase the hard drive and then reformat it.  Then put everything back on to the newly formatted hard drive.  And then do it again...because both of my hard drives were incorrect.  It took many hours...over about 3-4 days.  But it works so much better now!  Yay!
Piano lessons...
This photo doesn't capture it very well, but it helps me remember this view on my drive home from dropping the kids off at school.  I love the yellow flower field and the red barn.  
I went on a walk with my new friend Janey and her sweet kids.  It was a cold day, but fun to get out.


Nels's dad wrote his history and printed a book.  Very nice!
Sidewalk chalk fun.

Scooter fun.
We met someone on our walk and they came and played in our backyard for a while.
Delicious burger and sweet potato fries.  One of my favorite dinners.
This is the only pic of general conference weekend.  I crocheted.  Kids played conference BINGO with cereal and did pearler beads and other quiet activities.  I made cinnamon rolls.  They were so yummy.  We went on bike rides between conference sessions.     
Notice anything different for Noah?  He's missing his two front teeth!  So cute!

For a youth activity, we did a service project.  We wrote an inscription in bibles, wrapped gifts for kids of veterans and put labels on envelopes.  

It was a fun service project.  I'm glad I got to be there with my sweet kids.  
I was on my way to the temple when the tire pressure light came on.  I pulled into a gas station to check my tires and discovered a nail.  So I went to Costco instead of the temple...The tire couldn't be repaired and we had to buy a new tire.  I was able to go to the temple the following week.  I just try to go with the flow, but I was disappointed when I missed my first temple appointment.  But I'm grateful I was safe too.
Nels met me at Costco and had lunch while we waited for the tire.
Isak's kiwi box.  Pinball machine...
Isak taught the FHE lesson on Jacob 5 and the olive vineyard.  He did a great job.
Nels and I met up for lunch at the Sandwich Factory.  I love the cheese sauce that comes with the fries.


Kira's kiwi box.  Mini lantern lights.
My ice cream girl.
Another meal.  I made lasagna.  It takes forever so I documented it.  :)

Finally, made it to the temple.  Yay!

I went to the Factory at Franklin afterwards.
Cool place, lots of shops, restaurants.  I got some donuts from Five Daughters Bakery.

Since we loved McAlister's brookie so much, I decided to try a box one.  And it was yummy!
Isak and Nels tossing the football.  
Pancakes.
Kira's FHE lesson.  It was on prayer.  The kids were challenged to pray morning and night for a week.  If they did it, they got to pick out a candy.  They all did it and it was cool to see them remind each other and do it.  

For a young women activity, Kira learned how to crochet.  Yay!

Here's her YW class.
Noah drew this at piano lessons.  Bear's house...
I made a goal to try something new.  I tried pickleball.  And I love it!  I went to the beginners group and a nice lady named Dawn taught me the basics.  It was so fun.  I've tried to go once a week since the first time.  
It's in the gym.  Three courts.  Then I started playing outside and that's fun too.
One week, I got whacked on the hand with the ball.  Ouch!  It bruised and swelled up.  But healed up fine.  Phew!
We bought a hoover board from Facebook Marketplace for $20.  It's ok...for some reason it shakes whenever Noah gets on it.  I had bought it mostly for him because he loves it so much.  But he's afraid of it now.  😢
This pic is before the shaking scared him.  Sometimes it shakes and sometimes it doesn't.   
Sunday picture with Goldie, our van.  :)
My friend Janey and I made S'mores cookies.  They were delicious.



The kids liked them too.

Poor Sofie was sick for a day or two.  My baby blanket helped comfort her.  💜
Young Men's activity - Isak learned to make and bake bread.  Yay!
And that's all!



1 comment:

Jody said...

Becky, it's been a looong time since I've checked your blog, and I'm so glad to find you are keeping it up. I canNOT believe your big kids are in YM/YW alreaady- how on earth did that happen!

So glad to see them, and that you are still going strong. I've lost track of where you are now, but I sure hope you're loving it!

Jody Edwards