Friday, May 17, 2024

April Outings - 2024

April Outings:
April 12
Field trip to Barfield Park with Sofie and Noah's 2nd Grade class.
Fun pictures of them...

One of the activities was to catch bugs and caterpillars.
There were several caterpillars there and they had fun catching and releasing them.

Then we went on a hike.  It was muddy from the rain.  Noah slipped and fell.  But we cleaned him up in the bathroom and continued forward.  
Here's Sofie, Noah and Trinity.
White blossoms!

They had a snack and listened to a story.


I left and then Nels came later.  He got to watch them play...
Here's their class.
I'm glad I got to go on their field trip.  Not too many field trips left.  Sniff, sniff.  

Later that day, while Isak and Kira were in a group piano lesson, I took Sofie and Noah to a different park.  On their own, they decided to pick up trash.  :)  I was so proud of them.
Another day, I went on a scooter ride with the boys and then with the girls.
Noah is learning how to scooter.  It took him about 3-4 times going, but he has the hang of it now.  Yay!



Later, we went to the library and then we fed the fishes.



We walked the boardwalk of the marshes.  We saw different animals.  Like turtles and different birds and ducks.

April 20
We went downtown Murfreesboro to the Earth Day Festival.  It was so fun! 
They had free grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, popcorn, water, and cotton candy.
There were lots of informational booths.  
And some games for the kids to play and get some candy.
The cotton candy was a hit.



The kids also enjoyed the bouncy obstacle course.


Fire truck!


It was a fun way to spend some time together as a family.
One day, I went on a bike ride while the kids were in school.

Nels and I did outings with the kids this month.  Nels took the boys to Urban Air.  They had a blast.  Nels only took one pic though.  I took the girls to a Unicorn festival.  I took 90+ photos.  😂  I will do this outing separately.  :)
Nels and I celebrated our 20th anniversary...finally.  :)
We went to Old Hickory Steakhouse at Opryland.  
It was a cool place to explore.  It's an indoor resort of sorts.  


Here's the restaurant. 
It was also prom night, so we got to see high school kids all dressed up and enjoying the evening too.
The bread was stiff, but delicious.
We both ordered the 8 oz filets, glazed carrots and potatoes.  I loooooooved the carrots.  

Then we had chocolate cake.  Mmmmm.


We walked around for a bit and then went home.

It was so nice to pamper ourselves with a fancy dinner.  We really enjoyed our time together.  And those are our outings in April, except for the Unicorn Festival outing that will be in a separate post.  

No comments: