Thursday, January 4, 2024

Franklin, TN - December 2023

We spent the day in Franklin on December 21.  

We listened to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional on our drive.  Very enjoyable.  
Our first stop was JoAnn's.  We donated 12 fleece blankets to Project Linus.  The YW did a great job doing the blankets and I'm glad we could get them donated before Christmas.  The kids helped carry them inside.  
Then we went to the mall and specifically to Claire's.  Kira picked out a lot of earrings!  Mostly, unicorns, hearts and rainbows.  So fun!

The kids each got a quarter and they spent it on a gum ball, runts or squishy toys.  

Then we walked around the mall and ended up at the Lego store.  The kids spent some time building creations and looking at all of the different sets. 





And a few pics with the pizza guy.



It was fun.  Noah found this fun Stitch hat.  We didn't buy it.  I take a pic and that's how I don't have to buy everything the kids want.  :)
Then we went to historic downtown Franklin to a bakery called Bakehouse.  
Kira picked out this pretty cookie.
Sofie and Noah got these giant cookies.  I picked out a snickerdoodle to give to Nels for later.  
Isak and I shared tomato soup and a turkey sandwich.
Then we walked to the center of downtown Franklin to the huge Christmas tree.  




Then we went to Pinkerton Park and the kids played for while.


Then we drove home.  It was a nice adventure out together.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love your "I take a pic and that's how I don't have to buy everything the kids want." Ha! That's so smart. Made me smile!