We did a lot of Christmas things this year. At least, it felt like a lot. :)
On December 1st, we went downtown Murfreesboro to the tree lighting event. It was so fun and it was even better this year because Nels was able to meet up with us. Yay!
The kids got these free elf hats. Aren't they so cute? The hats came in handy throughout the month too.
We saw real reindeer.And got our pic with Santa.
I love their expressions as they talk with him.
They wrote letters to Santa too.
We drank our free hot chocolate with candy canes.
I thought it might sprinkle, so I brought the umbrella just in case. Sofie and Noah were so funny as they marched around with it.
The kids each made two ornaments!
Then we sang along to the performer and counted down for Santa to flip the giant switch to turn on the Christmas tree lights. Such a fun evening!
On December 2, Nels took Sofie, Noah and Kira to the ward Christmas party. Isak was sick. So I stayed home with him. Nels took a pic of the kids as they sang a song with the Primary. I think they had a good time. Isak and I made brownies and watched Dr. Who and ate popcorn. :)
This year we put up lights outside! Nels and I were pretty proud of ourselves for doing it.
December 3, I gave the kids some gifts. :) They each received a chocolate advent calendar, Christmas coloring book and their Christmas pajamas!
They were pretty happy with it. I was surprised how well the coloring books went over. I also gave them a big box of 96 crayons. For several evenings, they colored while we read the New Testament.
I splurged and bought these macarons from Costco. They were fun for everyone to try the different flavors. I decided I'm not a huge fan of macarons. I'd rather have a chocolate chip cookie. :)I'd bought Sofie this fun reindeer headband. She had fun wearing it to school.
I couldn't decide which photo I liked best. :)
Isak wore a Santa's hat.
My mom gave me this kit to make an advent for Christmas. They are little envelopes clothes pinned onto the rope. Inside the envelope, I put a name of Christ and the scripture on a paper. It took me a while to do, so I'm excited to use it more next year.
December 16, we went to a family in our ward's Christmas concert. They have a huge, nice barn that they held the event in. We ate dinner and then enjoyed their musical performance. They have eight kids and they all play and sing. Their oldest Maylee is an excellent violin player. She also plays the piano and harp! It was so fun to watch and listen to their talents.
Here's us eating dinner before the concert.Cheers!
School was done by Dec 20. So one day, I painted the girls nails with Christmas colors.
We read some fun Christmas picture books this year. I enjoyed reading to the kids while they ate their dinner.
I'm holding a pretty card from my mom...
My mom also gave me a Christmas card set to make. It was so fun to make while watching Christmas movies.
The kids wrote in the cards and we gave them to their teachers along with a Target gift card.
My mom is fabulous. These are the gift boxes she gave to the kids this year!
A few pics of the kids that their teachers sent to me.Noah and Sofie had a book exchange party.
Here's Noah...
They got mugs from their teachers.
And these cool glasses. Sofie made this giant snowflake!
I gave the bus drivers some popcorn with a note.
The Grinch was there, so the kids got a pic with him.
Then we got some donuts at Dunkin' Donuts.
I don't remember why, but Sofie started crying about something...And there was a tree behind her. I have a few pics of her crying in front of the tree from the past. So instead of cheering her up, I took a picture. I'm terrible. Haha! I eventually cheered her up later though.
Isak got a Sonic shake instead of a donut.
Fun night out to see lights and have a treat.
Here's Noah...
They got mugs from their teachers.
And these cool glasses. Sofie made this giant snowflake!
I gave the bus drivers some popcorn with a note.
I made bread and brownies and we delivered it to some friends.
The kids sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" when we delivered them.December 23, We went to a house with lots of lights. 1438 Trotters Lane in Rockvale.
So many lights. So fun to walk around and look at everything.
The Grinch was there, so the kids got a pic with him.
Then we got some donuts at Dunkin' Donuts.
I don't remember why, but Sofie started crying about something...And there was a tree behind her. I have a few pics of her crying in front of the tree from the past. So instead of cheering her up, I took a picture. I'm terrible. Haha! I eventually cheered her up later though.
Isak got a Sonic shake instead of a donut.
Fun night out to see lights and have a treat.
And that's all of the before Christmas Eve and Day celebrations we did!





























































No comments:
Post a Comment