Thursday, December 14, 2023

Happy Birthday Kira and Isak! The Big 11!

Somehow my babies turned 11!  We celebrated Isak and Kira.  It was so fun!

Kira didn't want a party.  But her friend Amani had her over and they played and played.  Amani also gave this unicorn to Kira.  She felt very loved.  So thankful for good friends!
Isak wanted to have a small party...with just two friends.  Jacoby and Elliott came to his party.  

I think he had a great time with his friends.  Nels took them mini golfing and go-karting.  

Then they came back to the house and opened gifts.  Elliott gave him a money blaster.  😂
Then they ate hot dogs and root beer floats.
Nels introduced them to jalapeños.  Surprisingly, they liked them.  Even Isak ate one.  They ended with a pillow fight.  The party was on Nov. 10th...Friday afternoon/evening.
The next day, Saturday, November 11th, we celebrated!  It was their golden birthday.  They turned 11 on the 11th.  They loved that!  
They were so excited that they woke me up early...I tried to still be nice.  :)

They opened presents right away.  
Kira asked for a brush.  I got her the prettiest wet brush I could find.  She was thrilled.
Grandma Nyborg gave Kira this cute fanny pack.  
She got watercolors, paint markers and thick paper. 
G&G Swensen gave her a beautiful card and $10!
Her big gift...
Unicorn blanket!
She was very happy.  She also got a lego unicorn, journal unicorn, a hammock for her stuffed animals and 500 sheets of rainbow origami paper!
Isak got this k'nex marble run.

He also got a beautiful card and $10 from G&G Swensen.  G&G Nyborg gave him $20.  Isak said, "I'm all about the cash!"  😁
Isak got a wooden marble maze and a ukulele.  
Sofie and Noah got half birthday gifts.  Noah got a Ryan art egg and Sofie got a purse with a poodle in it. 
For birthday breakfast, Kira asked for Fruit Loops.
Isak asked for a gourmet omelet.  
Nels rocked the omelets.  
Nels and I also gave the kids cards that we wrote nice messages in.
For part of Kira's birthday celebrations, she asked to get her ears pierced!  Sofie and I took her to the mall in Franklin and she got her ears pierced at Banta.  She picked out beautiful butterfly earrings.  She was so brave.  They pierced her ears at the same time.  She looked shocked and said "ow!"  And that was it.  She did great.  
Before:
After:
Then we went to Puff Cotton Candy.  
It was so fun to watch them make the cotton candy.  The girls just wanted their own.  I offered to buy a character, but they didn't think they couldn't eat it all.  So Kira got strawberry and Sofie got peppermint.  





We walked around the mall and I just felt so happy to be able to do such a fun thing with my girls.  I hope we have a lot of fun girl outings together.  
After we got home, I worked on Kira's cake...  She wanted a pink, strawberry flavored cake.  I added the gold for her golden birthday.  I think it turned out cute.  



Isak wanted pizza for dinner and Kira had a grilled cheese sandwich.  We all ate together.  
Isak spent all day working on his wood marble maze.  I think he enjoyed just being home and building.  
Then we did singing, candles and cake. 

Isak chose a strawberry cheesecake for his dessert.  


And he wanted to light his own candles.




I had leftover cake from cutting the big cake layers to be even.  So we frosted the tops and put all of the candles on it so Noah could blow out the candles lots of times.  :)
And Sofie did too.
My parents and Nels's parents Facetimed.  We watched a little of Paddington the movie and then went to bed.  It was a great day!
We're so grateful for our Isak and Kira.  They have brought so much joy and fun to our family.  Thank you for being ours!!

No comments: