Monday, November 28, 2022

October Moments

Moments in October
When Noah and Nels are up early, they play Battleship.
I made cinnamon rolls for general conference weekend.  I used this towel that my grandma Stewart gave to me when I was sixteen or so.  I found the set of towels during our move in my hope chest.  I decided it was time to start using them.  My grandma hand stitched them.  They make me smile and I think of my grandma.  The kids love them too.  
Isak and Noah cleaned up the game room and helped me set up for conference.  We did puzzles and Bingo.



Here's the cinnamon rolls.
I thought they were my most moist batch I've made.  I really liked them.

More Bingo. Noah was really into it this time.

The girls decided to spruce up my hair...I was kind of worried.
Sofie and Noah thought it was funny to put my boots on.
Noah loooooooves to vacuum.     
I loved this sweet journal entry Kira wrote about Aunt Britta.  "She loves me so, so, so, so much.  She gave me and Sofie a necklace with a butterfly hanging from it.  It was so beautiful!  "Whenever you find a butterfly know that I love you" says Aunt Britta. 💕
Day off from school = fort building.  Everyone had a spot.  Sofie had a store of lollipops.  There was a library, school and a vet.
My minimalist cozy fall decor.
Wellness visits for Sofie and Noah, plus flu shots for all of the kids.  Isak got his shot first.  Sofie hopped up next.  She covered her eyes and stuck out her arm.  So cute and brave.  She didn't cry!  Same with Kira.  Noah cried before the shot.  Then the shot happened and he stopped crying and said, "That was it?!"  Haha.  
Sofie weighs 40 lbs and is 3 ft 7 inches.
Noah weighs 34 lbs and is 3 ft 5 inches.
Noah isn't growing very well.  So we have an appointment with the endocrinologist in a few months.
Kira did her kiwi box doodle crate.  She painted a cork board.  
We took a walk...
This is how my kids sleep...I turned the light on for the picture...They love their stuffed animals.
Here's Kira...I didn't get one of Isak.  I'll have to get one.  He sleeps with all of his stuffed animals on his bed too.
Here's Noah doing some worksheets.
Fort Building in Isak's room.
We talked about the Sabbath day and how to make it a delight for a Come Follow Me lesson.
I printed 40 worksheets for Noah.  He finished them in just a day or two.
One evening, I spotted Sofie watching for Nels to come home.  💙
Kira was home sick...she did the Highlights magazine.
And origami.
Sofie drew and wrote this card to her friend.  
Kira created this...
She wrote a poem about horses and unicorns for the poem unit at school.  Isak wrote about piano.
Isak finished this 5th grade math workbook.  Noah finished the 1st grade math book.  So proud of them!
Playing Jr. Scrabble together.  They were both home sick with a cough.
Cute picture by Sofie.  She drew everyone's favorite stuffed animals.
We took this picture of Kira holding her horses to include in her presentation for her horse poem.
Red Robin date with Nels.  He ordered his birthday burger.  :)
Sofie bunny roo.  


Noah with his penguin.

Sweet Kira.
We celebrated Nels's birthday early...because he had to work on his birthday even though it was on a Saturday.  He had to travel and work all day.  So we celebrated the Sunday before his birthday.  Nels bought a pork butt and smoked it.  I made potato wedges and corn bread.  He also bought mac and cheese from Costco.  It was a yummy southern meal.


He also bought the apple pie from Costco.  Isak decided to pretend to be Nels.  Haha.
Happy Birthday!

Before Nels left on his trip, we snuck cards and notes into his suitcase.  He was happily surprised to find these fun things.  Sofie made him a crown...out of a toilet paper roll, tape and paper.  Haha.  She was so proud of it.  She loves creating things out of garbage.
Isak made up an equation for himself to solve.  He loves math.
I bought Sofie this cozy panda shirt.  She looks so adorable.
Dentist for all of the kids, except Kira because she did it earlier.  No cavities this time.  Yay!
Self portraits by Sofie and Noah.  :)
Frosting licking.
An activity for YW's this month was a western themed Mafia game night.  I also made pumpkin bars for them to enjoy.  It was a fun night.
Pretty Kira eating some of the pumpkin bars.
Silly Isak...
Sofie.
Noah is so short, but he doesn't let it stop him from figuring out how to do what he needs to do.
Kira read one of the halloween books to us.
A box came in the mail, so time to create.  They made a shape robot.
When Nels was gone, I watched Monster High with the kids.  Nels was happy I did that while he was gone.  It was a pretty good movie though.  But I like cheesy movies.
My mom sent me the Christmas paper pumpkin kit!  So excited.
Kira loves to be cozy.  I bought this blanket and everyone loves it.  
Just playing guitar together.
And piano. 
My breakfast one morning. 
Nels and I met up at the Mexican restaurant near our house for lunch.  Mmmmm.  
Sofie read a Dear Dragon book to everyone.
I got the guitar out maybe twice this month.  I practiced a song and got it to 98%.  I was pretty proud of myself.  
One Sunday after church pictures...

Oh, this was the Primary Program Sunday.  

They all did great singing the songs for the program.  Isak and Kira sang the 2nd verse of "I will Walk with Jesus."  I loved hearing them sing and practice.  They did awesome.  
Here's the invitations for the Primary Program and the Trunk or Treat ward party.   I didn't make the invitations.  But I appreciate the efforts that went into making cute invitations.
A walk together.

Kira's drawing.
We love fall!
Overall, I really enjoyed October.  We did a lot of outings and enjoyed the area we are living in right now.  The fall here really is beautiful and the weather was nice more often than not.  So if you want to come visit...October is a nice month.  😁

No comments: