Wednesday, May 4, 2022

March Moments

March Moments:
Noah stayed home sick one day and he did puzzles.  100 pieces.  
Panda, I mean Sofie, 😁 and Nels played Jr. Scrabble together.  Fun game.
I snuck a pic of Nels jammin' on his guitar.  :)
Here's Isak...remember that one picture of him working on something...here it is...a cyborg hand that uses hydraulics.  
Pretty cool toy.  He refused help and just loved figuring it out on his own.

Here's little Sofie practicing her writing and drawing.  
In my little pockets of time, I spent it editing videos and photos together from 2014.  So fun to look back and I think I'll enjoy these memories more when the video is completed and easier to access.
Spiderman came for a visit.  😀
When he heard about Ukraine, we wanted to help.  The kids school collected items to be put in buckets to send to Ukraine.  Each of the kids picked out a coloring book and crayons.  We also bought other items like shampoo, soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes and kitchen items.  
Here we are together, just shopping for the items...I love my crew.  They were so good and determined to help.
Here's a post from our school.  Along with others, we were able to fill 200 buckets that will hopefully help 200 families.  💜  It always amazes me how tiny pieces coming together can make a big difference.  
One evening we went to a church activity for preparedness.  We put together documents for our kids in case we ever need them...finger prints, photo, height, weight, hair color.  Identification cards.  Hopefully, we won't need them...but I'm glad we have them.
One day I took the kids out.  We went to the library and then we went to Donut Country.
We all tried something different.




They were delicious!



Fun place to take pictures too.  :)
Just two cuties snuggling together.
The kids really like to do drawing videos...
Kira enjoys origami.
Here's one of Isak's drawings he did by watching a video.
Headed to church with our bunny and sloth.
On our way we spotted a hot air balloon.  The kids were so excited!
And here's our Sofie Bunny Roo.  Other times she is our Sofie Panda Roo.  
Noah with his sloth.
Selfie with my hubby.
It was our first Sunday in the house...so we took some pictures...

I even hopped in...
Sweet Kira...
Bikes are out...long driveways are fun!
They are waiting for me to put the garage door up...
No grass yet...and no fence yet...
Noah saw this art project on a video and did it by himself.  You put tape down and then color over it.  He made an M for mom.  😍
The grout in our master bathroom was SO dirty.  We had asked them to clean it before we moved in, but it didn't get done.  I ended up spending way too long scrubbing it.  I don't have an after picture, but the grout is white now.  :)
Baby blankets...time to give them away...sniff, sniff.  They were used and loved.
Favorite baby/toddler books.
Kira came home with all of the twelve times tables written out.  I think she went all the way to 12x99!
Trying to establish a new normal...eating dinner as a family...
Sofie and Noah loved putting all of the old puzzles together after we found them in the boxes.
Photos of the kids...we didn't order them...so expensive...but they sure look cute!
Noah found his Mickey hat and wand.
Coloring together.
Noah put this puzzle together by himself.
I made cookies.  The recipe was from CakebyCourntey.  And they are my new favorite!!  https://cakebycourtney.com/soft-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/  Probably the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made.  I'm not the best baker...but I was pretty proud of these!
I got Sofie and Noah's dentist appointments done!   No cavities for Noah...but he wasn't able to do the x-ray photos because of his gag reflex...so no visible to the eye cavities.  
Poor Sofie has a couple of little cavities in between her teeth that showed up on her x-rays.  
I took the kids to Shave for Isak and Noah's haircut.  Cute place with fun games for the kids to play while we waited.
Pac-man!
Kira is so sweet to read to Sofie and Noah.
During spring break, Isak and I played lots of games of Dominion.  
I love finding hidden notes...usually they are from my sweet Kira.
We were all sick during spring break.  When I started my nap, Noah came in and said, "I'm going to nap with you mommy."  And surprisingly, he fell right to sleep.  💙
We are trying to give away things we don't use.  I don't want our house to be a storage unit.  So I'm trying to think, "Either use it or give it away."  It's hard, but it's also freeing.  Nels made this sensory board for Noah and Sofie's 1st birthday.  It's a tough one to let go of...but we don't need it and I hope someone else will enjoy it.  
We also threw this away...
I am keeping these blessing outfits.  Isak and Noah both wore the suit.  The dress is actually mine when I was a baby and Sofie wore it too.  I put them in my hope chest.
The dress on the right is the one I made and Kira wore it.
I read this book to the kids.  Amazing story.  Grateful for courageous people that see a need and do what they can to help.
My sweet Sofie Panda Roo.  
That's all for March!  
We are so happy to have March behind us.  So much packing, unpacking, cleaning, shopping, decluttering and organizing.  We tried to have some happy, fun moments.  But honestly, it was hard.  It might take a little while for us all to recover.  New home and new school.  We were sick for a while.  But we did enjoy some delicious food this month and enjoyed trying new places to eat.  Glad to be to this point.  👍😀

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I think giving away loved baby items is so hard. I still have a bin in the basement I can't let go of yet. Maybe I'll give it another look and see if I'm ready.

Sofie makes a cute bunny and panda. She makes me smile! Good job teaching your kids how to help with the dishes. That's so smart! I can't believe how much Kira likes to draw and write. She's so talented. Your lunch dates with Nels look fun! That's a good idea!

Good job moving into your new house. That's a big project! You did awesome! I love how Mom and Dad sent you flowers and fruit. Don't we have the best Mom and Dad? They are so good at supporting us, even far away.