Monday, August 30, 2021

Outdoors in July

We had some fun outdoors in July.  Our first outing was a Primary Park Day Activity.  I brought a rainbow fruit tray and talked about rainbows.  I shared a quote from Pres. Nelson about how he likes all of the colors, just like he loves all of God's children.  I shared the story of Noah and the ark and the rainbow after the flood.  And then we sang "When I am Baptized" because it has rainbow in it.  😀  It was fun.
Here's our group of kids.
We had muffins and lots of other fruit too.  Then the kids played at the park and we played stop and go too.  It was so fun to be outdoors with our primary kids.
Another day...
The kids help me go on my walks to strengthen my body.  
They are so cute.  I love how they take the strollers and put their stuffed animals in them.  We made it to the big rock.
I even went farther this day and made it to the bench.  So almost 2 miles total.  Yay!

Kira pointed out these berries.  
We played at Fabyan Elementary school for a bit.
Pool time!  Our friends love to have the kids over to play in the pool.  It's lots of fun.

Isak is so brave and is always trying to do new things.   He jumped off the diving board doing "the dab" dance move.  I think he's a cool kid.💙
Speaking of cool...check Noah out!
We spent some time at the library too.  I love all the activities we can do at the library.
Our friends invited us over for some backyard slip 'n' slide and popsicles.  So fun.

They also played dress up.  


Another day...
I took the kids to their Elementary school for a picnic.  I thought it would be good for Sofie and Noah to play at their new school.


We took pics in front of the school too.

Rainy day...but we still got our walk done.


It didn't rain for too long and just a light sprinkle.
Bike ride!  Yay!  I was getting faster at walking so I the kids got to ride bikes.  They would ride ahead and then come back to me.  It worked out great.

Love these bikers.
Having fun in the backyard...They are always creating weird things...

And Swim Lessons!  We had swim lessons for all four kids.  I was so amazed and grateful for the progress each of them made in swimming.  Isak - he loves the water and is willing to try anything.  He loved learning it all.  Kira - she doesn't like to put her head under the water.  But she improved and is so much better at getting her face in the water.  She can do her back float.  Yay!  Sofie - she was eager to learn, but then got nervous about dunking her head.  But she is more comfortable in the water and she learned her back float too!  Noah - the first day - lots of crying.  He would only stand in the couple of inches of water.  But after the fifth lesson, he was crawling in the water and blowing bubbles in the water.  I continued to work with him when we went to the pool on our own.  I helped him get to the two feet section of the pool and to be comfortable floating on his back with me holding him.  I'm very proud of Noah and his progress.  Isak and Kira each had 10 lessons.  Sofie and Noah each had 5 lessons.  
Here's Sofie and Noah crawling to get a toy.  
Another rainy walk...

Pretty flowers.  I LOVE the nature here.

I tried to get that butterfly...it was a quick butterfly!
On the days we didn't go to the pool, the kids made their own!  😂
Our day lilies.
One day we went to Levi Newton Park.  We also call it the fishy park.

Blue slide park...


I think this is at Randall Square Park.  I tried to get a cute pic of these brothers.

Lunch outside.
Noah liked these flowers and asked for a picture at the library playground.

Waiting for Isak to change his clothes after swim lessons...
Another day...

More plants/flowers.
Isak learned how to go down these big slides and then swim over to the side afterwards with no floaties.  So proud of him!
There was road work near our home.  The kids liked the construction trucks.
Mill Creek Pool near our house...
Just right for Noah to play in.
And a fun splash pad.
Isak dove for rings in the 5ft area of the pool.  It's a little tricky when they all want to be in different areas.  Ah!
Sofie with her snail.
We made rainbow popsicles.  I forgot to put sticks in! Ha!  But they were still yummy.
Nels took us to a free outdoor concert.  



And one last pic of Sunset pool.  It was a great year to get a pool pass.   We definitely got our money's worth!  And doesn't Nels look good??  He's lost about 20 lbs since last year.  He's been working hard and eating healthier.  So proud of him.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love how your kids take their stuffed animals on walks and bike rides! That makes me smile. That looks like a really fun pool and park.