Wednesday, August 4, 2021

June Little Moments

Here's the photos from June:

Isak built a solar powered dinosaur robot.  He was pretty proud of himself.
A friend gave these tools to Noah.  He looks so cute walking around with his tool belt on.  

Isak got a Kanoodle and loves to solve the puzzles.  There are 200 puzzles so it's keeping him busy.
Here's Sofie hanging out on her bed.  πŸ’œ
Outdoor fun with the water toy.
The laundry basket was too heavy for me to lift so Isak carried it for me.  He's been very helpful with his strong muscles!
Another robot for Isak to build.
I practiced my hand lettering.  
Kira and Sofie did some art...
Isak and I made this yummy treat.  Pretzel rods dipped in caramel and chocolate, sprinkled with Oreos.
They were yummy!

Sofie fell asleep like this...
Kira made a house for her ladybug.
Sofie had her cavities filled.  She fell asleep on the car ride home.  I knew I wouldn't be able to carry her in, but I really didn't want to wake her up.  My neighbor Lindsay, just happened to stop by at the exact moment I pulled into my driveway.  I asked her if she could carry Sofie into the house and she did!   Sofie slept for about 2 hours.  I'm so thankful for that perfectly timed tender mercy!
We made cards for my mom.  πŸ˜€
Mango, citrus chicken salad  My favorite.  
We bought these specialty ice cream strawberry bars.  They were yummy.  Fun treat for a summer evening.

One morning I made the kids whole wheat banana pancakes with fruit.  We enjoyed breakfast together.  
The kids wanted to eat pancakes like grandpa (my dad) with milk, sugar and syrup.  πŸ˜€
I love seeing my kids curled up together with a good book.
I saw this post on social media and it helped me have a better parenting mindset, especially with Noah.  So I'm trying really hard to teach, explain and model the behavior that is acceptable in our home instead of yelling and getting upset.  
While Isak was in swim lessons, I took the time to read books to the other three while we waited.  Loved this time with them.
Kira reading a scripture to the family.
Father's Day!  The kids all made him a special card and we gave him a few treats too.  He's an amazing dad!
Reading the cards.  
One day we made bubbles that bounce!  It was so fun.  You have to wear gloves but then you can hold the bubble without it popping for a bit.  


Everyone enjoyed the activity.





On an evening walk, we saw a rainbow!
Boys in their batman jammies!!!
Shopping with kids...

We went to a friends house for a luncheon.  The kids were so good and just played with the toys.  
Isak put this 350 piece puzzle together by himself.
Sofie made a teddy bear out of play dough.
Kira and Isak went with Nels to a pool party.  Kira got a yummy cupcake. 
 
We read "Henry and Ribsy" by Beverly Cleary.  
I read it to the kids while they ate lunch.  The kids loved the story  Then we read "Just Like Beverly"...it's a biography about Beverly Cleary.  We enjoyed learning about her.

Here's some of the picture books we read this month. 
AAALLIGATOR was funny.  "Your Place in the Universe" - amazing.  Isak and Kira both read it on their own and I read it to all of the kids.  It really expanded your mind.  Great book!  

When do I read to the kids?  I noticed they would just fight and get wild during lunch time, so I decided to turn it into story time.  Now I look forward to lunch time as a time for us to connect with food and a great story.  I think the kids enjoy it too because they ask for the story.  Yay!  I love connecting with my kids through books.  

Great month!  We all loved vacation.  I think everyone is happy that I'm recovering and able to do a lot more than in May.  It was a wonderful summer month.

No comments: