Little Moments in October. Here we go.
Isak and Kira drew and colored these pictures in school. I love that they are learning to draw fun things in school. Isak's drawings are on the top row and Kira's are on the bottom.
Here's music time at home. Sofie and Noah wanted to do it with Isak and Kira. :)Sofie loved my cinnamon rolls so much that she painted one at school. It made me feel so good.
Kira asked for spider sandwich...
Sofie loves to put make up on. While I'm putting my make up on she puts on some too.
I played Chicken Foot with the kids. They are pretty good at it. Fun game to play with them.Learning about static electricity with balloons. haha. Notice all the toys lined up...Noah likes to collect all of his toys and then line them up around the house.
Pretty Sofie.
Cute Noah.
Ha! Sofie was not happy about this picture.
Cute kids.
Just sitting on the counter with birthday balloons. I watched a thing about editing pictures...Here's a before with the lighting.
Then I did some editing...to lighten it up.
I edited this photo too...
Then I decided I'm not very good at it...I got frustrated. Maybe I'll learn more photography next year. For now, we'll just have to enjoy my amateur skills.
A toy catalog came...Kids loved circling all of the toys they wanted.
Our neighbor Jaelyn invited us over for breakfast. Look at Kira's cute dimple.
Sofie in a witch costume...I tried editing this one...
Jaelyn gave us this dog toy. Noah loved it and walked it around our house the whole day.
They also gave us this marble gear set. Isak spent all day building it.
From October 17 - October 23 I went to 10 dr. appointments! I was exhausted. First up, four wellness visits with flu shots for all 6 of us. It was a three hour appointment. We survived.
Then I had my dental appointment...teeth cleaning. Isak and Kira had dentist appointments for their teeth cleaning. Nels and I had wellness visits. And the last appointment was for Noah...an eye appointment. I'll blog later about that appointment.
Our neighbor Jaelyn invited us over for breakfast. Look at Kira's cute dimple.
Sofie in a witch costume...I tried editing this one...
Jaelyn gave us this dog toy. Noah loved it and walked it around our house the whole day.
They also gave us this marble gear set. Isak spent all day building it.
From October 17 - October 23 I went to 10 dr. appointments! I was exhausted. First up, four wellness visits with flu shots for all 6 of us. It was a three hour appointment. We survived.
Then I had my dental appointment...teeth cleaning. Isak and Kira had dentist appointments for their teeth cleaning. Nels and I had wellness visits. And the last appointment was for Noah...an eye appointment. I'll blog later about that appointment.
We made caramel popcorn balls. It reminded me of my grandma Swensen. When we would go trick or treating to her house she gave all the grandkids caramel popcorn balls. We always looked forward to it.
I totally burnt the first batch of caramel. The second batch was better. :)
Our neighbor Jaelyn gave us donut eyeballs for halloween. How fun!
Noah wanted me to take a picture of him eating his ice cream cone.
I voted by mail.
In September and October, I wrote a simple children's story. It's called the Ice Cream Shop. I submitted it to Deseret Book for publication on Oct. 22. I just heard back...November 24 that they rejected my submission and will not be publishing it. Sniff, sniff. I don't know if I'll try to submit it to another publisher or not...
Sofie and Noah were invited to join a sticker club. We mailed stickers to our friend's, friend. Then mailed a letter to six of our friends. Within a few weeks, we started getting stickers. One person set us a whole box of stickers from Amazon! They have had a blast with all of these stickers!
When we were at Noah's wellness visit, the doctor noticed that his left eye was turning in and not centered. So we went to a children's eye doctor to get it checked out. 2 hours for the whole event...lots of waiting.
He was so brave and did great.
Sofie was pretty patient while we waited.
The doctor confirmed that his eye was turned in. He dilated Noah's eyes...the only time Noah cried because of the drops. The doctor gave him a prescription for glasses. He has astigmatism and is far sighted. We'll follow up in two months and then six months. We're hoping the glasses will help correct his turning eye so we won't have to do surgery.
Checking out the toy catalog again.
I read Emma by Jane Austen. A nice relaxing read. And I loved the pretty book.
Isak has been fascinated with Chess. He taught Kira how to play.
Our other neighbor gave us a whole bunch of dress up clothes. Oh, my. Sofie has been in heaven dressing up. Noah joined her. He wore the crown and they played prince and princess. I love watching them.
I love my view from these windows. Watching the leaves change color.
I totally burnt the first batch of caramel. The second batch was better. :)
Our neighbor Jaelyn gave us donut eyeballs for halloween. How fun!
Noah wanted me to take a picture of him eating his ice cream cone.
I voted by mail.
In September and October, I wrote a simple children's story. It's called the Ice Cream Shop. I submitted it to Deseret Book for publication on Oct. 22. I just heard back...November 24 that they rejected my submission and will not be publishing it. Sniff, sniff. I don't know if I'll try to submit it to another publisher or not...
Sofie and Noah were invited to join a sticker club. We mailed stickers to our friend's, friend. Then mailed a letter to six of our friends. Within a few weeks, we started getting stickers. One person set us a whole box of stickers from Amazon! They have had a blast with all of these stickers!
When we were at Noah's wellness visit, the doctor noticed that his left eye was turning in and not centered. So we went to a children's eye doctor to get it checked out. 2 hours for the whole event...lots of waiting.
He was so brave and did great.
Sofie was pretty patient while we waited.
The doctor confirmed that his eye was turned in. He dilated Noah's eyes...the only time Noah cried because of the drops. The doctor gave him a prescription for glasses. He has astigmatism and is far sighted. We'll follow up in two months and then six months. We're hoping the glasses will help correct his turning eye so we won't have to do surgery.
Checking out the toy catalog again.
I read Emma by Jane Austen. A nice relaxing read. And I loved the pretty book.
Isak has been fascinated with Chess. He taught Kira how to play.
Our other neighbor gave us a whole bunch of dress up clothes. Oh, my. Sofie has been in heaven dressing up. Noah joined her. He wore the crown and they played prince and princess. I love watching them.
I love my view from these windows. Watching the leaves change color.
I'm a terrible decorator. So I just don't do it. But I love autumn...So I bought a few things...I like it. :)
Isak was having a hard time. Nels took him to run errands and bought him his own ice cream at Costco. That's all for October.
We had a great month celebrating Nels and Halloween. I loved when the weather was nice and we got to go outside. I loved all of the fall colors and fall treats that we made. I'm glad all of the doctor appointments are done for a while too. I've enjoyed the kids learning in school. It's been a tough schedule sometimes, but we're slowly getting the hang of it.










































No comments:
Post a Comment