Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Nels's Birthday

Anything nice that happened in October was to celebrate Nels's birthday.  😀  I think we did a pretty good job celebrating him.  

He took the day off the day before his birthday...because all of the kids were in school.  So we were able to get away for a bit.  We ate a huge breakfast at Buttermilk.

I ate all of mine!  No leftovers for me.  It was SO good.  Those banana chocolate chip pancakes are amazing!
We came home and took a nap because were so full!  Ha!  Then I picked up Sofie and Noah from school.  The weather was so nice.  When we got home, they begged to go on a bike ride.  So I took them around the block.

They were pretty fast and I had to run to keep up.  
Once Kira and Isak came home, we went to a park together.  I played hopscotch with the girls.
I got a picture of the kids with their dad.
Then we went to Red Robin for dinner.  Pretty great day off with yummy food and playing with kids at the park.
The next day was his actual birthday.  The kids helped me decorate...
A couple of days before, each of the kids made Nels a special card.  I was proud of Noah for making a card too.  He put Mickey Mouse stickers on it and Kira drew a Mickey Mouse car for him.  He was so proud of it.
Sofie worked hard on coloring her card.  Kira helped her write some nice things too.
Kira's card was so sweet.  And Isak did a secret code for his birthday card.
I made Nels a four layer ice cream cake...it's kind of melting and not very pretty.  But it sure was delicious.  

The kids loved celebrating their dad too!
Here's Isak's coded message...
Here are the other kids cards too.  
The nice things Kira wrote.
The kids gave Nels lots and lots of hugs.  We hope he felt extra loves this month.  :)

No comments: