Friday, March 20, 2020

Science and Industry Museum

We wanted to go on an adventure.  When we learned that the Science and Industry Museum had a free Illinois day, we thought "Perfect!"  So we loaded up the van and headed to Chicago.  Nels unfortunately had a huge report due and had to work.  We missed him.

Grandpa drove and I sat in the back with the kids...


As we got closer to Chicago and the traffic increased and directions were important, the stress level increased.  Then all of the sudden, Isak and Kira started singing, "I love to see the Temple."  It helped diffuse the stress and we made it safely to the museum.  I love how spiritual songs can immediately bring the Spirit into our lives.  I'm thankful for primary and those sweet primary voices!

Here's the museum...It's humungous!!
After we arrived, we ate our lunch that we packed.  Then we explored.  The kids loved this train set.
We saw the huge airplane and sat in it...

View from the third floor.  It looked down on the replication of Chicago.
We loved following the train around the replication of the country...

A big train to climb on.
We explored the weather exhibit.  I love that tornado and Kira's frightened face.  We had a flat Stanley visiting us too.  So Sadie is in the picture too. :)
One of our favorites was the mirror maze!
Noah lit up when he saw the huge tractors.

We saw the toymaker exhibit and had a robot do a dance.  We watched an old movie and a balcony toss demo.

The kids loved the Idea Factory.  A hands on exhibit just for kids to learn and explore.
Noah liked moving this construction crane around.
And he loved this little house.  He would get so upset when another little kid came into "his" house.
Isak spent a lot of time with this contraption.
I was with Noah a lot so he got the most pictures...Dump trucks.
Sofie loved this vacuum that sucked up the balls she put in there.

Lots of gears and learning.  Best time!
Then it was time to go.  We took a couple pictures outside in front of the museum.

Squinty eyes.
I took this picture as we drove home in the car.
Not too bad taking the photo through the window.
Overall, everyone was very good.  Sofie had a meltdown on the way home and then fell asleep.  I'm so glad we went and enjoyed our adventure.

No comments: