In January we completed the 31 day read aloud challenge. The big reward was dinner at McDonald's. The kids were pretty pumped!
In February we made it to McDonald's. They each got a kids meal. Isak and Kira ate theirs pretty well...Sofie and Noah didn't care for fast food. They haven't had it very often and didn't like it.Then the kids played and played and played on the indoor playground. It was a fun reward. Isak with his kids meal.
I've been teaching the kids piano. I thought Kira looked so cute with her curly pig tails and playing "Donkey" on the piano.
Of course, Isak helped supervise...
Noah occasionally gets on the piano and tinkers with it.
Just walking to primary. I love when they hold hands.
Noah...This was at a baptism in the afternoon and he was a little wild...he's pretending to sleep and snored very loudly.
Here's Alex in the middle with his primary class. He was the one who got baptized.
After the baptism, Kira came home and wrote this sweet note to Nels. "Dead Dad, I hope I get baptized soon so I can feel the Holy Ghost. I love you. Love Kira."
I started to listen to the "Don't Miss This" podcast about the Come Follow Me for each week. I really enjoy it. One week they talked about how Jesus descended below all things. He was born in the lowliest of places, a stable with animals. He was baptized in the lowest possible place on earth...the Jordan River that enters into the Dead Sea. He died in the cruelest way at the time. And he did it all for us. So he could meet us at our lowest points in life and be able to lift us up. So here's a screen shot of where Jesus was baptized and how close it is to the Dead Sea. I wanted to remember what I had learned. :)
Matching heart dresses. Just in time for Valentine's week.
Noah and Sofie.They all liked standing on the heater vent...
Sofie drew these sweet pictures all by herself!!
I made some valentine's to give to the bus driver and some other people.
I also gave all the primary kids these chocolate hearts with a note.
Sofie wanted her picture taken. She loves her Shopkins blanket and being cozy.
I was trying to make kid friendly fun food. This was my attempt. They are smiley face potatoes for a type of shepherds pie. They were pretty yummy. Sofie and Isak liked them.
Just grabbing a selfie with Noah. Love his big smile!
One day Sofie just went up to her bed and took a nap all on her own! So cool! She hasn't done it since, but I thought it was sweet.
I loved this outfit when Kira wore it. So I took a picture of Sofie wearing it...
and here's Kira wearing it...three years before.

Isak and Kira set this up with blankets and a lantern and a fun game of Othello.
Sofie watercolor painted this!! I love it. She taped it on the wall next to my bed. I love Noah. But he is my most difficult child. Constantly having meltdowns, throwing tantrums, yelling and screaming. Here's a picture of a pouting Noah...at the end of a screaming session.
Kira has helped Sofie become an amazing colorer. Kira drew this picture of a gum ball machine for Sofie to color.
Preschool picture with Sofie...
Do you see Noah? The little boy in the back row in the yellow shirt. So cute!Kira lost a tooth! Mrs. Spence pulled it out at school. She was so happy and excited!
She wrote this note to the tooth fairy..."I brushed my tooth. Can you please give me a 1 dollar $ and one penny because I brushed my tooth? Love Kira (I lost it at school) to the tooth fairy."
Isak made a heart origami note for me at Activity Days. "Dear mom. I love you because you bake me dinner. Thank you for helping the kids clean up. Thank you for making lunch. Love Isak."
Just walking to the bus stop to get Isak and Kira. She loves her unicorn backpack.
We babysat three sweet girls ages three and under. It was hard. But our favorite part was feeding this sweet baby her bottle. Feeding just one baby was so fun!
Getting my scripture reading done with a snuggly Sofie.
I bought Noah and Sofie Minnie and Mickey Mouse slippers. They LOVE wearing them.
Isak wrote this note to Grandpa Nyborg. "Dear grandpa. Thank you for playing Monopoly. And let's do a tie breaker. Thanks for coming to Chicago. I love you. Love Isak."💙
Sofie wrote her name!! Then she wrote Noahs' name!
She likes to play the piano sometimes too.
Another crying picture. He got home from school and immediately asked for his pj mask jammies. They were still in the dryer and not ready to wear yet...thus the meltdown for a long time.
Kira gave Sofie a horsey ride.
Kira learned hula dancing at Activity days. So cute!
Sofie.
I liked Kira's hair. Pretty braid.
We went to a Family Literacy Night at Sofie and Noah's school. They loved having the whole family go to their school. The theme was the Pout Pout Fish. The teacher read the book and then we did several activities for it.
Fish headbands.
Puppets on popsicle sticks.
Find the fish...
coloring and glueing.
It was a fun night for everyone.
Ha! Got you in the picture Noah!
Isak helped me make homemade play dough. Pretty cool! It actually worked for us!
The kids have enjoyed it.
Just playing...notice the mickey mouse slippers.
I made it to the temple on Feb 29. I loved being there!
And I played a game of Monopoly with Isak!
And that wraps up our February. The highlight was definitely G & G Nyborg's visit. Here's a few other little moments:
- Isak and Kira have been learning the Articles of Faith. They just finished learning the fourth one.
- Sofie surprised me and learned the first one. She sings it so cute and does the signs for it too!
- Isak and Kira went to a six week STEM program before school. They did some cool experiments and enjoyed the extra learning.
- I started to learn some piano songs again. One is "By the Sea.". It was the last song that I memorized when I was in high school. One of my favorites. I've enjoyed playing it again.
- Nels has wanted to buy concert tickets for over a year. He finally decided to take the plunge and bought Black Key concert tickets for July. Something fun to look forward to. Yay!
- Noah loves to sing. He learns words through singing. It is so cute and one of my favorite things about hime.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment