We made it! Isak and Kira had their last day of kindergarten! I'm so proud of them. They had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Spence. She loved them and taught them how to be kind, smart, creative kids.
Here's some last day pics...
And quick flashback to the first day of school August 2018--
Last day of school May 2019--
Here's the bus stop crew. Our neighbor is super awesome at celebrating moments. So when the kids got off the bus we sprayed them with silly string and she had cupcakes for everyone. They were thrilled.
Isak and Kira made these cute hats on their last day. Isak's says, "Boom!" Kira's says, "Yay!"
Thursday, May 30th was the last day of school and Friday, May 31st was the First day of Summer Vacation!
I went a little overboard! At least for me...I was exhausted by the end of the day. But it was fun.
We went to the library first. The kids did a craft and coloring. Sofie was so proud of herself.
She did all the glueing and coloring by herself!
Then we picked out 55 books and 10 DVD's. Our bags were full! We signed up for the summer reading challenge too.
Then we came home and ate lunch, I took a nap, and the kids read and watched a little TV. Then we were off again. We did some shopping at Costco. On the way home, Sofie and Noah fell asleep. I unloaded the whole car from our shopping trip and they were still asleep. Then I remembered my friend's kids were selling snow cones. So we drove over to her house for snow cones. Sofie was happy with the surprise. Noah...not so much.
They each got a snow cone.
As you can see, Noah was not happy to be awake. It took him a good half hour before he tried the snow cone and then he liked it. 😀
After snow cones, we went home and had dinner. This was Sofie on the drive home. So upset. She wanted to stay and play with the big Minnie Mouse ball...but we had to go home.
So that was the first day of Summer. It was fun to get out, but I think we'll have a lot of slow lazy days this summer too! It is kind of nice to not have a schedule to worry about and since the babies don't nap we can technically, go, go, go. So we'll see.
Isak and Kira are happy to have some time at home. I'm happy to have them here too!
Here's to a fun summer! Yay!!















No comments:
Post a Comment