Sunday, June 23, 2019

May's Little Moments

May's Moments...

Let's jump right in...Potty Training three year olds.

I started with Sofie.  She did great and I felt like she caught on quickly.  I did one whole day with just her.  Then I added Noah the second day.  Oh how I regret that decision.  Although he looks super cute in underpants, Noah was afraid of the toilet and it took me half the day just to get him to sit on the toilet without screaming his head off.  The whole day was awful and he never went in the toilet.  Just accidents all day.  I couldn't handle it.  Plus, I felt like Sofie started to regress because I couldn't give her my full attention.
So that night, I put Noah back in a diaper and decided to try later.  While they were potty training, I tried to keep them on the wood floor (easier to clean up the accidents).  So this was the set up.  They played on this little table all day.  We did play dough, coloring, puzzles and they watched a show on the iPad too.
I continued to potty train Sofie and she has done pretty well.  She does well at night and during the day.  The only thing she is struggling with is poop...most of the time she does it in her underpants!  What?!  So gross.  I've tried to bribe her with things to poop in the toilet, but it doesn't seem to matter to her.  Hoping she grows out of it.  I don't know.  Kira and Isak never did that!

Sadly, I have another regret.  Sofie was doing so well two weeks later, that I decided to try Noah again.  Oh, how I wish I hadn't.  I tried for 5 days.  And it was 5 days of accidents and only two times going in the toilet.  😩  It was so hard and frustrating.  So we gave up again.  Noah was thrilled to go back in diapers.  I guess he's just not ready??  I always feel like a clueless parent, even after all of the books I've read on the subject and google searches and talking with other parents.  Still clueless.

Well, moving on.  We have loved our flowers that we planted last fall.  The tulips and daffodils blossomed, despite the April snow.  I loved watching them blossom.
The kids loved it too.  Everyday when we got the kids from the bus, we stopped to see what the flowers were doing.
Sofie and Noah love Sky and Marshall.  Paw Patrol is their favorite.
I don't remember what this was about.  I think they asked me to take their picture.
Haha.  Noah makes me laugh.  He wanted to be in the picture.  So he is presenting the girls.  Kira and Sofie love to match as much as possible.  So they have their jammies on, tutus and "neigh, neighs".

Water coloring.  The three year olds actually loved it!  Even Noah!



Isak learned how to do Sudoku and totally loves it.  So I bought him a book of puzzles.  He's done a lot of them.  Sometimes Nels will copy one and they will "race."
Gerald and Piggie books are favorites around here.  They made these at school.
Just playing outside while dad mows the lawn.
Noah loves trucks.
Kira wanted her picture taken...eating grilled cheese.
Snuggling with Noah.
Isak loves legos.  In case you forgot!  He built the x-wing fighter from Star Wars again.  700+ pieces.
He also built all of his other legos sets!
He spent along time working on them.
Here's Sofie showing off her big girl panties.
Isak and Kira built a big tall tower out of the magnet tiles.
Doesn't this look picturesque?  Kira made a fort/tent place for her and Sofie.  I just thought it was cute with the pink blossoms on the tree outside the window.


Kira picked out this wand at school for reaching her reading goal.
Stole Daddy's hat.  Pretty cute!
I remember this picture was taken during potty training week.  She rarely naps, but potty training wore her out.  
Noah was pretending to sleep too.
Sofie loves her backpack and several times she insists on wearing it when we pick the kids up from the bus.

Noah wears his sometimes too.  Then they race to the bus stop.
Airplane!!!
Made it to the park on a nice day.
Another bus stop picture.
I love how Sofie looks at Kira with such love and admiration.
Since Kira came home with a wand, everyone wanted one.   So one afternoon we made everyone a wand.
Silly Noah...the mad hatter.  Haha.
Trying to eat healthy around here.  Nels grilled up some delicious steak kabobs.
More blossom pictures.

💛
I got to go to the temple in May.  It's so nice to go.
I liked their blossoms too.
My aspiring piano student, Sofie.

Isak is such a good boy.  He did a crossword puzzle in the Friend.  He looked up the scriptures and found the answers.  He did it almost all by himself!  I was so proud of him.

After school snack outside.  Noah didn't want to sit by the rest of them.
He was grumpy.
Twins.  These two are so cute sharing the same chair.  Kira's reading and Isak is doing Sudoku.  They made the tie dye shirts in kindergarten.

Our ward at church had a Memorial Day picnic.  I made a pasta salad and brought it in my Pioneer Woman bowl.  I love that bowl!!
Here's our kids eating at the picnic.
Go BYU!

I found these overalls at Walmart and I had to have them!!  I love Sofie and Kira in them.  😍
These three are often together.  They get along pretty well together.  Noah likes to play by himself or hang out with Nels.


We went for a walk.  We try to take advantage of any nice day that comes our way.
And that's the last of the May pictures.

Other Items for May:

  • So the same week I potty trained Sofie and tried to potty train Noah was also Screen Free Week.  We did it.  We survived.  Isak and Kira were amazing!  They didn't complain and kept themselves busy.  Isak did a lot of legos and Sudoku.  Kira did a lot of legos too.  I set up a table in the bedroom so they could have the legos out the whole week and it wasn't on our kitchen table.  Sadly, it rained most of the week so we were in doors.  
  • Nels got really sick for a few days this month.  He's better.  But it's never fun to get sick.
  • Sofie and Noah had their birthday!
  • We bought a new AC/Furnace.  Expensive.  Glad that's done!
  • Sofie and Noah had their speech evaluation.  They both failed and so they qualify for the State program.  Yay!  They'll start in the fall and the best news...Noah doesn't have to be potty trained for it!!  Yay!
  • We got scooters for Isak and Kira and I got one for Mother's Day.  So we rode our scooters a couple of times.
  • Kira mentioned they were learning the song Gethsemane in primary.  So I found it online, printed it off and learned it on the piano.  We sang it together.  
  • I did 2 hanging chin ups!!  In January, I made a goal to be able to do 2 chin ups and I did it!  Yay!  
  • I finished an 8 week exercise program called LIFT4.  I left like I improved my strength.  I started with 5 and 8 lb weights and then the 8's became my "light" weight and I moved up to 10, 12 and 16 lbs for some exercises!  I was pretty proud of myself.
  • Sofie and Noah had their 3 year check up and they did great at the appointment.  Noah is less than 5% for height and weight.  He's tiny.  
  • I finished reading the book Saints.  586 pages!  It was a great book and I loved learning more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints history.  I liked learning more about Joseph Smith and his family too.
  • I worked on learning more coding.  I learned more about Typescript and Angular.  My brother Jeremy spent a lot of time coding with me.  We worked on building a Hangman App.  So fun!!
  • Isak and Kira finished Kindergarten!!!  I'll post about their last day separately.  
That's all for May.

No comments: