Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 3 - Zoo, Beach and More

Day 3-Friday.  Nels came with us for our adventure.  We left around 9 a.m. again.  This time we drove to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It's a free zoo in Chicago.  We parked in the conservatory lot for $26/day.  Then we walked around the zoo.


The first animals we saw were the lions.  Amazing!

I loved theses purple flowers.

Sofie and Noah were super fussy this day.  Noah refused to ride in the stroller all morning.  So he walked with me.  Sofie didn't want to ride in the stroller or walk...she wanted me to carry her.  I did not want to do that all day...so yes, there was a lot of crying.  It's a good thing they are cute!

They did enjoy seeing the animals...giraffes, zebras, rhinos, monkeys and more.
Cool water globe.
And this is how Noah was all day...grumpy!
I love this picture.  Melissa was so sweet and helped with the kids as much as they would let her.  Sofie and Melissa took a walk while I ate lunch.  I wanted to take a pic.  So Melissa got down to be next to Sofie and Sofie just copied her.  So cute!
I loved seeing the flamingos.  We had just read about flamingos in our kids national geographic magazine.  So it was fun to see them in real life.
There was this cool tree canopy for the kids to climb.
Here's the crew.  They took such good care of Isak and Kira while Nels and I took care of the fussy babies.  Melissa played the animal alphabet game with Isak.  They came up with a different animal for every letter of the alphabet.  The other day, Isak was talking about it and said, U is for Umbrella bird.  :)

Noah boy...
It was a cool place and I'm glad we got to see it.
Michael and Ashlyn with the sign.
After the zoo we ate some delicious ice cream at Yoberri.  
Such a cute ice cream place.  Look at that cute ice cream garland.

The ice cream helped everyone's moods.  I love Sofie and Kira's shirts.  Pineapples!
Then we walked to North Avenue Beach by walking over the traffic on a foot bridge.  Pretty cool!

The beach was a nice break from the zoo.  We took pics and played for about a half hour.


Nels loves to find cool cars.
The foot bridge is in the background.
Michael and Ashlyn on the foot bridge.


Then we headed back to the cars.  On our way we came across this great view of the city.


We decided to go to Wrigley Field and grab some dinner near there.


We ended up eating yummy tacos at Big Star.  It was a cool place across from the stadium.  It had a cool vibe.



Then we headed home and put our kiddos to bed.  We were all in bed by about 9 p.m.
Sunsetting pic as we drove home.
Great day with lots of fun memories.

No comments: