Monday, October 13, 2014

September Happenings

This is long and probably a little boring.  But it's okay to have boring sometimes.  I feel like we are finally recovered from all of our trips and summer.  So feel free to skim this post. :)

We did an outdoor project.  We removed all of the pine needles from the flower bed and trees and put mulch down.  Here's the bags of mulch we laid down the night before.
And here is the finished product.  I am peeking out behind the post.  :)
One day Nels was taking care of the kids and they had pulled out the bowls.  Nels put one on his head and so the kids started to put them on their heads.
They thought it was so fun!
They tried to balance them and walk around.
And even ride the Jeep with the bowls on their heads. haha.
You never know what will entertain these kiddos.
I crocheted this Minnie Mouse outfit for Nels's sister Anna-Lisa's baby.
I had never made a diaper cover before, but it was fun to make and pretty easy.
With a little tail too.
My mom helped me make this card for her while I was in Idaho.
The twins love to play "night, night."  They want all of the blankets to be put on them and then they pretend sleep.
Kira laughing and pointing at Isak.  They can be so cute together.
And then Kira's big grin!
Love this table.  They will just go over and play with their toys on it.  From puzzles to
Stuffed animals to
Books.
One day Isak found this magazine.  He took it over to the table, pulled out a chair, sat down and flipped through the pages....just like he sees his dad do.
The twins went to their first birthday party.  It was for Charlotte's 2 year birthday.  It was a fantastic party and the kids had fun.  In Kira's goody bag was jewelry.  Kira's first necklace and bracelet.  She is all girl....she wore her jewelry all day!
One Saturday we went to Imaginon in Uptown Charlotte.  The kids were mostly good.  Kira was a little moody again.  As you can see from her pout.
Kira with her headband and bracelets.
She is just a cutie pie!!
Look how close they are sitting together!  I just about died when I saw them.
Yes, my house is always messy until after the kids go to bed.  Then we clean it and prepare it for the next day's chaos.
Kira relaxing with dad after he came home from work.
She just loves her jewelry.
I went to a little fruit stand on my way home from grocery shopping one day.  I bought 40 peaches for $5! I didn't know what to do.  I looked up how to freeze them and spent the next several hours peeling and slicing peaches.  
But mmmmm, they are yummy.
Do you see Nels mowing the lawn through the window?  The kids will just watch him until he is done.
Especially Isak.
Someday the twins can take turns mowing the lawn.  That will be the day.  haha.
We went to Live Music at the Pond...it was put on by our subdivision.  
It was nice to get out for a bit and enjoy something different as a family.
I thought this was funny.  Kira carrying around GI Joe figures and putting make up on at the same time.
Isak can climb up and into his high chair.  While he waited for his breakfast, he got his cars and entertained himself.
Nels and Kira photo bombing.
Another time he sat in the big chair with his cars and played, while Nels ate his breakfast.
We were trying to get dinner ready, but the kids had other plans.  They brought their books and Nels couldn't resist.  They just plopped down in the kitchen and read for a few minutes.  I am glad he took this opportunity to just be with them instead of rushing along.


We enjoyed a big box for a while.  Isak made it into his garage.
I thought it was hilarious.
He fit the Jeep in there pretty well.
I made this headband for Kira.
The flower is made out of felt.  Fun to make.
Isak wanted to be in the picture too.
Isak is so tall and Kira is so tiny.
Kind of a weird picture...I painted my nails!  Gray with white chevron on a couple of the nails.  I enjoyed it.
Kira in a new dress and a hair bow.  The hair bow was a gift from Tiersha and went perfectly with the dress.
Play dough.  The kids are getting more into it.
Love these little red shoes.
Another headband from Tiersha.

They concentrated so hard to cut the play dough.
The twins are able to feed themselves most of the time.  Isak is really good at it.
I still help Kira because if I left her to feed herself she would take two to three bites and be done.  But she is improving.
And last...one day either the kids were sick or the weather was bad, but we were stuck inside.  I helped them make a fort out of blankets, chairs and their little table.  Isak thought it was awesome.
 Kira liked it too, but I didn't get a good picture of her.  They loved crawling through the tunnel and played all morning.
And that's all for September!  

No comments: