We invited our friends to go geocaching with us. They had never been and Nels and I have only done it a couple of times. We looked some up in the area and found one that looked fairly easy with a nice hike. So we headed to Seven Oaks Trail just a short drive away.
We took one umbrella stroller and the stroller did surprisingly well on the trails. The twins took turns walking or sometimes being carried.
Here's the guys pushing these cute kiddos.
This is a little blurry, but Kira is actually looking at the camera!The girls.
Kira rested on this little stump.
We found our dream house. hee hee. But sadly, we did not find the geocache. Our biggest and dumbest mistake...we forgot our GPS and just had a compass. What were we thinking??? After we hiked for a long time we finally realized we needed to put the coordinates in the GPS! DUH!? Oh dear, sometimes we get wrapped up in conversation that we don't think about what we are doing. Anyone that knows us well, knows how that goes! haha.
Good thing it was a gorgeous day and it was absolutely lovely to be outdoors in nature.
Here's the trail. We did download a GPS app on our phones and put the coordinates in. We still couldn't find it. Later that day, I received an update on this particular cache. It said that it had been found and all was well with it. I guess we just didn't look in the right spot.
The kids took a break on this little log.
Isak and Kira are wearing their BYU t-shirts. Size 2T. Kira's is huge on her.
I love how Charlotte is smiling and Isak is looking sweetly at her.
The babies were pretty good on the hike and I think we will hike again.
Good smile from Kira.
Do you see the bright yellow in the far background and then white...that's the boys trying to find the cache. There were lots of cobwebs so I happily watched the kids while they ventured off the path.
Although we didn't find the cache we ended on our trip happily with frosties at Wendy's.
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment