Thursday, August 14, 2014

4th of July

The 4th of July Celebrations.  It turned out to be a fun day even though it started out a little rocky.  We invited our friends Josh and Tiersha to our neighborhood's party to enjoy some free chick-fil-a for lunch.  But we didn't know it was a pool party and passes were required.  Since we didn't know, we didn't bring our passes.  So we walked the mile to the party only to turn around and go back home.  Nels and I felt so bad and we were pretty embarrassed too.  Luckily, our friends took it in stride and we moved on.
We stopped along our walk and took some family pictures.
Here's our friends with their cute daughter Charlotte.
And us crazy Nyborg's.


For some reason I was craving Mexican food...weird on the 4th, we should have been craving hot dogs or something.  Anyways, I suggested we go to Moe's.  But the Moe's we went to was no longer there.  Strike 2...Yikes!

We ended up at Qdoba and filled up on some yummy food.  
Sweet Kira with her Stars shirt and red ribbon pigtails.
All of us out front.  Thanks for putting up with us Josh and Tiersha!  In the end, I think we all had a good time. :)
I had this crazy idea of taking some nice 4th of July pictures of the kids.  Well, this was the best of the bunch...I love Kira's exaggerated grin and Isak is just wondering when I will give up.
I threw Nels in there thinking it would help...um...maybe not.
In the evening we just relaxed outside.  I love this picture of Kira.
Sucking yogurt through a straw.  Great treat, right? haha.  Notice the stars and stripes theme. :)
Nels and Isak grilled up some delicious chicken.  Good job boys! Isak even has his own spatula. :)

Another crazy idea...I wanted a picture with the kids.  Why do I get these ideas???

My face, "take the picture nels!!"
Take it now!  I swear, Nels catches my face purposefully in an annoyed expression every time!
This one is a little better even though the kids aren't looking at the camera.
I actually wore something in my hair, which I rarely do.  So I asked Nels to photograph it.  It's a headband my friend Shalayne helped me make.  It was actually supposed to be for Kira, but the material stretches and it fit me.

I actually look almost normal in this picture.  Good job Nels!  haha!
We enjoyed just being together as a family.  We heard fireworks, but we did not see them.  We were kind of party poppers in the firework department.  Maybe next year.

Coming up....our week long vacation at Vero Beach, FL.  So get ready for lots and lots of pictures.  :)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I still think it is so crazy that you know Tiersha and Josh! It is such a small world! You guys look great and we miss you! Oh, love the head band too. :)