Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sun Valley, Idaho - Part 2

Just a little note:  Vacationing with toddlers is a lot of work and then some more work.  It's actually pretty stressful.  But amongst all the work there are definitely moments that are perfect, fun and joyful.  Like watching them interact with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.  Intercepting Isak as he tries to steal a soccer ball from strangers.  And grandma being sweet and buying him his own soccer ball to play with.  Trying new foods and doing new things.  Listening to them say "ruff, ruff," every time a doggie came into view.  Anyways, you get the idea.  It's the moments we remember, and the work is already slipping to the background of my memories.  Thank goodness for pictures that help us remember the good times.

On with the post...

On the second to last day we all took a hike up a mountain.  At the top of the mountain is a golf course!  Pretty cool and some great views too.
Isak was a champ and walked for some of it.  Kira was silly and would not even let her feet touch the ground.  haha.
Sweet parents.
We took turns carrying the babies up the hill.
We were far behind, here's the rest of the group.
And then our family lagging behind.
Kira liked being on shoulders.
So cute.
Once we got to the top she was fine and liked running around.
And I imagine I will be seeing this look a lot more when she is a teenager.   Oh dear.
We have never been to Sun Valley in the winter, but I hear there is some great skiing.
The brown building is part of the Sun Valley Resort where we stayed.
Our little family.
My niece Kaylie is an amazing gymnast, dancer extraordinaire.  Look at what she can do!  I was thrilled to catch it on camera.  Although it took me three tries.
I set my camera up on a rock and put the timer on.  All of our family together.
My brother's family.  Kaylie, Whitney (the mom), Jeremy, Ashlyn, Brynn, Joseph and Jace.
Me and Jenny girl.
Kira and Kari joined us.
Kira wanted to join grandma, grandpa and Jenny.
Jeremy carried Kira down the hill.  I love the clouds and mountains in the background.
Nieces...Danika, Brynn, Brynlee, Kaylie and Ashlyn.

Kira found the ducks and swans fascinating.
She got mad at me when I made her keep her distance.  I didn't know if they were friendly swans or not and I didn't want to risk it!
Jeremy's family.
Kari's family...Brynlee, Sadie, Danika and Mason are the kids names.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun trip to Sun Valley!  And Jenny, I am so glad you got to come!!

No comments: