Saturday, April 5, 2008

Catch Up!

I finally got the computer away from Nels, so I'm going to make a quick post. :)

Quick catch up. For Easter, Nels' family came down the day before. They brought the ham and we did the fixin's. Nels did the potatoes with his now famous salt rub. (It's famous to our family because we made it more than once now.) Nels and his dad talked about tires and cars. Nels' mom, sister Anna-Lisa and I did our nails. Then we all dyed eggs and played chicken foot. I have to give props to Mom Nyborg who won chicken foot. The funniest line that was said while playing this game was the following exchange between Mom and Anna-Lisa.

Mom says, "I love this game because I don't have to think."
Anna-Lisa chides back, "Then what's taking you so long!"

The rest of the game Mom would go super fast and then when it was Anna-Lisa's turn Mom would say, "come on, what's taking you so long."
We always have a good time when they come to visit. So thanks for coming!!!

Not much has happened during the week other than Nels' midterms and me going to work. So we were excited when yesterday, Friday night rolled around. We went to Curtis and Shayla's place. They are just a lot of fun. We ate pizza and played...Guitar Hero. It was awesome. Before last night, the only time I played Guitar Hero was in Wal-Mart for 5 minutes because Nels made me. (I didn't want to play in Wal-Mart because, well, you know, it's crowded, I felt a little self-conscious.) The boys would play then Shayla and I would play. I stayed on the "easy" level, but I think I was getting better as the night went on. I'll have to try "medium" next time. Nels is so funny when he plays because he pretends like its a real guitar and he's singing the songs. So cute. Here's a picture...don't you love my rockin' "I love you" sign. I'm still a rock and roller in training. :)

1 comment:

Steve and Katrina said...

okay, lame-o guys........why weren't you at the ward activity Friday night??? Guitar Hero is better than that?! J/K I bet you had more fun doing that. I've never played but Steve has and he thinks it is fun.

Super cute Easter eggs!