Tuesday, June 23 - Adventure Day with Kids!
I've been wanting to see this iconic bridge since we moved here. So today was the day! We drove about 40 minutes west, just past Franklin to the Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge.
Yay! I can check that off my list. :)
Then we went to Timberland Park for a 2 mile hike. We stopped at the Visitor Center first and got a map.
See the bee on the flower?
Here's pictures of our hike:
It was an easy hike and nicely shaded for most of it.
Pretty view.
Dragonfly
Probably the fastest hike we ever did!
One last picture of the bridge, and we headed to Leipers Fork.
I wanted to get a treat at this place...but it was closed!!
We walked around Leipers Fork and took some pictures.
Cute little historic town.
We wondered through a candy store and bought some gum balls and a sucker for Noah.
I had seen this little spot on Instagram when I was looking for things to do in Leipers Fork. I didn't know where it was, but I happened to notice some people cut through a street with towels. I wondered if they were headed to this spot. So we followed them...and sure enough we ended up at this little creek with chairs. :)
So we chewed our gum balls and soaked our feet in the refreshing cold water.
Sofie was the only one who joined me for the foot soaking. :)
It was a nice moment.
Then we headed back home. Since the treat I originally planned on doing was a flop, we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts!
We love donuts. And that was the end of our adventure day. Lots of fun, just enjoyed being with the kids.
My mom sent this amazing picture!!
































































No comments:
Post a Comment